Chapter 1: The Comic Book Store

I rolled out of the bottom bunk of the bunkbed that my bestfriend, Abagail, and I share. I checked the top bunk to see if she was still there. She was, of course she was she was a really late sleeper. I changed out of my pajamas into jean shorts and a crop top. I guess while i was getting ready I woke Abbey up.

  "Hey, I was just gonna go shopping, do you want to come?" I asked her.

"Yeah, just let me get ready then we can go." She yawned. We lived in LA so it wasn't going to be hard to find stores to go to. I sat in the living room of our apartment. Soon enough Abbey walked in.

"Hey want to go?" She asked opening the door.

"Yeah." I said and got up. We walked down the stairs of the apartment building and got into her car. We drove to Hollywood. We walked around for a while until we stopped at a Starbucks to get coffee. Once we had ordered our drinks we sat down.

"So Riley, hows John?" Abbey reffered to my now ex-boyfriend.

"We broke up a couple of days ago, sorry I didn't tell you it's just-"

"I understand." She nodded and hugged me.

"Thanks but to be honest it's kinda nice no having to deal with him and his moods." I smiled. My boyfriend wasn't the nicest person in the world. Sometimes he would hit me it was actually really scary to break up with him, I didn't know what he would do or  how he would react. Abbey knew some of what he did to me but I really didn't like talking about it, I'm pretty sure she got the point. My boyfriend was also part of the reason for my depression. I had self-harmed before because of him. That I really don't like talking about.

After we finished our coffee we headed back down the sreets of Hollywood. We passed a comic book store and since both Abbey and I are geeks we decided to enter and see what they have. Abbey was more into Star Trek and science fiction-y things like that but I was more into Sherlock, The Hobbit, and Supernatural. The comic book store was pretty expensive so we probably weren't going to buy anything. After being in there a couple of minutes and being the only ones in there besides the cashier the door jingled and a man walked in. He had brunette hair and was about six foot. He looked strangely familiar. Abbey grabbed me and pulled me to the back of the store.

"What?!" I whispered.

"Thats Chris Pine, he plays Kirk in the new Star Trek movie." She acted as if everyone knew.

"Thats cool.." I nodded trying to be considerate of her opinions, to be honest I wasn't a very big Star Trek fan but maybe thats only because I haven't seen any of the movies. "You should go talk to him" I pushed her amlittle bit.

"No way! I would start studdering and he would probably think I'm a really big creep!" Her eyes  widened.

"Fine then I'll go talk to him for you." I smiled. If it was Benedict Cumberbatch or Martin Freeman I would have done the same thing she did but considering I really didn't know this guy and he was just another regular person to me I had nothing to loose. I walked up to him.

"Hi." I waved somewhat shyly. I started getting nervous after walking up to him and realizing how much taller than me he was.

"Hey," He smiled warmly. He seemed genuinly nice.

"My name is Riley and my friend is a huge fan of Star Trek and you but she was too nervous to go up to you herself, so yeah.He.." I trailed off awkwardly.

"Oh well hi Riley my names Chris, where's your friend, I'd love to meet her." I noticed how the sides of his eyes crinkled up when he smiled.

"She's right over here. Abbey! Chris wants to meet you. Come here." I called. Abbey slowly walked up from behind shelves of comic books. I could tell she was on the verge of crying.

"Hi," She mustered. "I'm a really big fan and hi." You could hear her voice crack and he covered her hand over her mouth.

"Hi Abbey," Chris leaned over and hugged her.

"Do you want me to take a picture?" I asked. Abbey nodded probably afraid she would start crying if she was to talk. I snapped a picture on her phone.

"Here ya go." I handed Abbey her phone back. "And thank you so so much Chris for doing all this." I smiled. His eyes were so blue it was crazy.

"Thank you for talking to me it's nice when i get to talk to mormal people and not creepy people, oh and here." He handed me two movie tickets. "Hope to see you two at the premire." And with that he left. Abbey nearly fainted, it took me a couple seconds to realize what he meant.

"OH MY GOD! HE INVITED US TO THE PREMIRE!!!!!!!" She jumped up and down.

"That's so cool!" I smiled.

"Oh come on, be more excited!" Abbey grinned still jumping up and down.

"I don't know, you know I'm not that big of a Star Trek fan-"

"But Benedict Cumberbatch will be there." She smirked.

"Oh fine." I gave in.