FOUR.

CHAPTER FOUR:
"misunderstood"

Annie LeBlanc and Johnny Orlando. Best friends since year one.

It was a few weeks before Prom, after which they would leave to college and sadly, they weren't going into the same one.

They would tell everything to each other,  well, Johnny had been keeping a secret. He liked her, God, the only reason they became friends was because he had a crush on her.

As they grew older, he just never developed the guts to tell her and now they'd be graduating. He decided to tell her today, inviting her to his dock, their usual spot.

It was by the lake where they used to hang out most of the time.

Of course he was nervous, she would always tell him how she would never fall in love. How she wasn't capable of that, that's why she had never had boyfriend. He had no idea how she was gonna react and wasn't expecting anything.

"So Annie," He smiled as they walked along the dock to reach his boat.

She smiled at him as they walked towards the dock, "I can't believe we're graduating." She smiled.

"Yeah, me too." He said as he stopped.

She walked ahead but then turned around, "What's wrong?"

He was looking down at his feet, his hands in his pockets. He looked up at her one of hands scratching the back of his neck, "Annie, I- need to tell you something." He said softly.

Annie looked into his eyes and figured out exactly what he was gonna say. She knew him too well. "N-no." She shook her head. "Johnn-"

He cut her off, "I've liked you ever since the day met you Annie."

She shook her head again, "Johnny, Please"

"I tried showing you but you wouldn't let me, which is fine."  He said walking closer to her, "But i need to tell you now before we leave cause i cant wait any longer."

"Johnny stop." She begged as she held his arms.

"I- i never complained because i figured you'd love me back." He sighed.

"I- i can't love you the way you want me too." She shook her head.

"Annie, i love you" 

"John i'm sorry- i'm so so sorry but I- i can't" She said wiping the tears of her face. "Look at me! i'm so awkward and odd-"

"I love you Annie."

"John i don't think i'd ever get together with someone! I can't love- I don't know how too." She said her voice falling as she reached the end of the sentence.

"That's it?" He questioned. "Give me a chance-"

She shook her head pointing to his chest, "You are way to good for me"

"I only love you Annie," He said going close to her face.

"Johnny you'll eventually find someone lovely, beautiful and smart i swear but us? n-no.."

He held her arms tight, He scoffed sadly. "That's it then?" 

She bit her lip, "Johnny i'm probably gonna be alone the rest of my life—i don't love you like that, please understand." She begged.

"I-" He sighed, removing his hands from her. "I'll always wait for you." He said as he walked away leaving her standing alone.

Did she just ruin everything? 

It was a whole three years later.

He left for college without saying a word. As for Annie, She was a mess. Maybe she did love him. Maybe he was the one but she ruined it all. She needed him, but he was gone.

How stupid she was.

She still couldn't get over him. Of course she loved him but she didn't realise at that time.

Three years. A lot could change. She was sitting on the same dock, her legs dipped in the water as she fiddled with her fingers.

How she wished she could turn back time.

"Hey." She heard a familiar voice behind her she turned to face the one and only Johnny.

She smiled widely, "Johnny" She whispered as she threw her arms over him. He wrapped his arms around her just as tight.

"I- missed you." She said as she sunk her head into his chest.

"I missed you too." He said rubbing her back. After a second of just enduring the hug "Did you find someone?" He asked.

She pulled away, "I- i..no, I told you i would never." 

He bit his lip, "Oh." He said softly.  "I'm getting married.." He said softly. He was getting married to someone without his own consent. His father wanted to marry his friends daughter and so he agreed, He still loved Annie but she made it pretty clear that she didn't that day. 

"W-what?" She stuttered. She let out a breath, "Do you love her?"

"Yeah." He lied looking away. It didn't matter anyway. She didn't love him. If only he knew.

She rubbed her elbow, "I'm happy for you." She smiled sadly.

He nodded, "I'll see you around Annie," He smiled turning to his heel to walk away before he could say anything unnecessary.

He loved her a little too early. She loved him a little too late.

Or was it really too late?

She grabbed his wrist before he walked away, "I love you." She said.

He smiled, "I know you do." He said softly.  "I love you.." He mumbled.

"N-no not like that and it might be too late to say this but—I love you."

He turned around, surprised. He didn't really expect hearing that today.

"After you left i've been miserable—i needed you to at least talk to me but, you were gone. I ruined everything and now I can't even do anyth-" And he kissed her.

Their lips moving in sync, Annie broke away, "Johnny you're getting married—" He kissed her again.

He smiled, "I don't love her." He said. "My dad.." He trailed off and Annie understood because she knew what kinda of person his dad was.

She smiled but then it faded, "I'm sorry." She said softly. "For before," She continued.

"You have nothing to be sorry about." He said. "You're mine now."  He said earning a soft laugh from her lips.

CIANA SPEAKS !

y'all a lot of this chapter was inspired by the movie little women AND I ABSOLUTELY HATE THIS CHAPTER.
*spoiler*
( you guys should watch it if you haven't already.)

jo and laurie should have ended up
together. idc.
ok bye bye.