Sand and Stale Crackers

The desert stretched out in front of her, a giant expanse of sandy dunes and cloudless sky, highlighted purple, blue and pink by the setting sun. Shard-like, jutting red rocks riddled with caverns and tunnels towered above her small form, even half-buried in the sand. She trembled and pulled her cloak closer around her.
Looking back towards the faraway, walled city, she saw her tracks, a long line of neat boot marks, were already being covered up by the howling wind blowing the fine sand around. The swirling sand got into her warm, brown eyes and she blinked furiously. Wiping away at the watery mess that used to be her eyes, she accidentally pulled at her left side.
She checked to see if the cut was bleeding again, gritting her teeth against the sudden pain. Luckily, all the blood on the bandage was old. Relieved, she continued forward towards one of the smaller rocks, although it was still forty times her height, at least.

Reaching the base, she carefully knelt down and began digging at the sand. She made sure to put all the sand to the left of where she was digging since the wind was blowing west. It took a while, but soon enough, she uncovered the tunnel burrowed into the rock.
She clambered inside, wincing at the pain from the wound. Smoothly, as if this were done often, she pulled out a bag of sand from an alcove in the side of the tunnel. Poring it out by the entrance, the wind soon did its job and once again engulfed the entrance in crimson sand.
After crawling deeper into the tunnel, she emerged into a larger space, one in which she could just about stand in. Smiling slightly, she pulled out a perfectly round, purple crystal one of her trouser pockets and rubbed it gently between both of her hands. A faint, lavender light filled the cave.

The cave was mostly round, but it had a ledge where the tunnel was and a relatively flat floor. She was currently sitting on the ledge but hopped off to pick up a chunk of stone near the far side of the space.
Carrying it proved difficult because of her injury, so it took much longer than it usually would get the stone on the ledge and into the tunnel. Once the entrance was fully blocked, she pulled out a lamp from her black bag and a match from her pocket.
Lighting it up, she placed it on the ledge with the soft click of metal on stone. The flickering flame was much brighter than the soft light of the rock so she tapped on it twice. Now that it wasn't glowing and safe from over-heating, she put it back into her pocket.
Then, she took off her cloak and spread it out on the floor. The ragged corners and edges didn't quite fit and climbed up the walls before curling back on themselves. She sat down, fiddling with the thing in her bag.

Taking out a squat, blue bottle, and a new bandage she grimaced at the last time she saw the wound. The blood-stained bandage was hastily removed, revealing a bloody,
half-healed knife wound. The infection was gone, but it was still very red and sore.
Frowning, she ripped off some cloth from her already tattered cloak. Posting water from her flask onto the cloth, she cleaned up the wound thoroughly.
Folding up the grimy fabric, she placed it onto the ledge and grabbed the bottle. She twisted off the engraved metal stopper and paused. She sniffed the white salve inside. She didn't know if it had also been poisoned. It smelled of mint, apple, and a vague hint of charcoal.
Normal then.
Scooping some up with the tips of two fingers and neatly covering the wound, she began to hum.

As she was humming, a ball of silver and white formed in her open palm. It stretched and pulled with the song's vibrations. It seemed almost to be waking up. Twisting faster, it pulled itself into a longer and longer string, until it was incredibly fine. Then it stitched up the wound with itself in perfectly spaced stitches. Her song came to an end and she nodded in satisfaction. It was harder to heal yourself than others because you couldn't see the wound as clearly, but this was a decent fix. The clear salve was still wet and sticky, so she was careful not to touch it.

Yawning, she pulled out a piece of dried meat and some stale crackers. She tore off half the meat before wrapping it back up in newspaper, then she grabbed two of the fourteen crackers. Sandwiching the meat between them and chewing slowly, she bandages up the wound again. The food was alright, she'd had way worse.
Whilst still licking the crumbs off her fingers, she double-checked that the entrance was secure and that nobody was getting in. She didn't want a repeat of last time. That had been a good spot and now, it was a goblin den. Mood slightly soured and wound still aching she decided to go to sleep and continue moving in the morning.

Using her bag as a pillow and lying on her side do as not to disturb her wound, she lay down on the cloak and closed her eyes.
She'd sort out her plan tomorrow...