two

I fell down to Earth from a hundred miles away
And somehow I still make it work
But it's overrated and somehow played out

"Your home is an alley in the middle of the public?" You called to Peter as you followed him in the Spider-Man suit drop down to the ground front where you were standing on the roof.

"No, I just have my clothes here. See?" You heard a ripping sound before Spider-Man held up a backpack for you to see. "A-actually. I gotta get changed. So...could you stay up there please? And not watch me?"

"As you wish Peter, but me giving you privacy doesn't stop anyone walking by from watching."

"Shh!" Peter screamed under his breath up at you. "You- you can't just say my name like that!" He groaned. "Whatever, that doesn't matter right now. Can you just, just turn around and give me a minute?"

Complying, you turned around and stared out over the city, there were more buildings and skyscrapers than you had noticed before, you could compare it to a jungle. If the jungle was comprised of metal and concrete trees. A slight breeze blew through your feathers and hair and it felt rather nice. You closed your eyes and took a deep breath, but regretted it as the air filled your lungs. It was much more polluted than you were used too, and you would have to get used to it for the time being. At least until you found the keeper of the Time Stone.

Opening your eyes, you turned back around. Without warning, you dropped down next to Peter, making the boy jump and let out a small yelp of surprise, turning to you with a panicked look in his eyes.

"I have given you a minute and thirty seconds in Earth time. Are you finished?" You asked him before your eyes flickered over his body, his arms fitted through the arms of his shirt but it wasn't yet covering his chest and torso.

"Y-yeah, lemme get my shoes on." Peter said quickly, a pink blush appearing on his face as he finished putting on his shirt and then stuffed the Spider-Man suit into his backpack, zipping it up before pulling his sneakers towards him, fumbling to put them on without loosening the laces and nearly falling into the wall next to him. "Okay, I'm good." He glanced at you as he picked up his bag from the ground, slinging it over his shoulder. Then his nose and mouth scrunched as you watched him slowly look over your figure.

"Is there something wrong?" You asked him after he didn't speak for a while. "Is something wrong with the way I look?"

"What? Yes. Uh, I mean, no, you yourself, there's nothing wrong with you. You're really pretty actually. Oh damn, f-forget I said that." For the second time today, Peter cleared his throat as he looked away for a second. "It's just, you really stand out from a crowd, y'know? Especially...those." He gestured to your wings and you curled them close to your body. "They're really cool, but not very inconspicuous. Is there anything you can do about them?"

"Of course." You tell him, unfazed by his blatant nervousness. Peter's eyes widened as you willed your wings to shrink back into your body, wincing a little as they retracted and your skin healed over quickly. "Shall we get going, then?" You asked, and Peter's body shivered, him shaking his head as to bring himself back from his thoughts and he gave you a soft smile.

"If anyone asks, you just came back from Comic-Con." Peter told you and your eyebrows furrowed with confusion. "I'll tell you later. Just, come on," he held his hand out in a beckoning motion, and you didn't think he was expecting you to take it in your own. He froze for a brief moment before he let out a breath and led you out of the alley and onto the sidewalk.