{ 1 - Circe }

TW: Circe isn't okay, she promises (but she really isn't). Toxic relationship mention, but it's at the very end (in the last sentence). Things will get deep in the next chapter...

~~~~~~~~~~

Oliver and Deirdre were walking home from school with their friend, Sage. Remy and Emile were going to be at Virgil and Roman's house, so Sage had to come along.

"Hey, whose car is that?" Sage asked and pointed.

"Hm?" Deirdre and Oliver looked over and saw a white Tesla parked in Deirdre and Oliver's driveway.

"Did our parents get a new car?" Oliver muttered.

"I don't think so...?" Deirdre shrugged.

The trio walked up to the house as Deirdre pulled the house key out of her pocket. She unlocked the door and opened it, the three going inside. Deirdre made sure to close the door and lock it behind her.

"We're home!" Oliver called as the trio walked into the family room and saw Virgil, Roman, Emile, a pregnant Remy, and an unfamiliar looking woman. The woman had a fresh cut, a white crop top, black ripped jeans, and black combat boots.

"Oh, kids!" Emile smiled and put down his cup of tea, "This is Circe, Roman's cousin. Circe, this is Deirdre, Oliver, and Sage."

"Aw, they're adorable!" Circe gushed.

"I hate to be this kind of dad, but any homework?" Virgil asked, leaning a bit on Roman.

"I just have math, science, and English homework." Deirdre said, "The English homework is easy though since it's just a report on a story!"

"Sage and I have social studies and math homework to work on," Oliver said.

"Alright, if any of you need help, just ask," Emile spoke.

The kids then went upstairs to work on their homework while the adults talked downstairs.

"So, Circe, why'd you come here anyway? Not like we don't like your company or anything, I'm just curious." Roman said.

Circe had an undefinable look on her face, but then it changed to a smile after a second, "It's nothing! I just wanted to visit you all, really!"

Emile watched her body posture and his eyes traveled to her hands, which held her cup of tea.

'Her hands are slightly trembling... I wonder if something happened? Or... if something is still happening?' Emile thought.

"I'm sorry, but where's the bathroom again? I keep forgetting..." Circe muttered.

"It's down the hall to your left," Roman said.

"Ah, thank you." Circe put her tea down and got up, going to the bathroom.

Emile's eyes wandered to her purse that was sitting on the floor, 'Maybe there's something I can find in there?'

Emile put his tea down and stood up, hurrying over to the purse and rummaging through it quickly.

"Babe, what are you doing!?" Remy exclaimed in a hushed voice.

"Finding out what's wrong. I know something's up with Circe, so all I have to do is figure out what!" Emile responded, finding her wallet. She opened it and flipped through the pictures that were in there until his eyes got caught on one particular picture. He picked it up and looked at it closer.

"Emile, you shouldn't snoop through someone's belongings, especially a girl's!" Roman said.

"I just have to find out... what..." Emile trailed off as he turned over the picture, his eyes widening, "I-It can't be..."

Emile heard a door open down the hallway, so he quickly put the picture in his pocket and put everything else in the purse back in place, going back to his spot on the couch next to Remy.

'I thought I wouldn't have to deal with him here... but I guess I was wrong.' Emile sighed as Circe walked back into the room with a small smile, composed as if nothing had ever happened before she went to the bathroom.

Virgil took a glance at Emile and then looked at Circe, "A-Are you sure there's nothing wrong?"

"I'm sure, of course, I'm sure!" Circe smiled as she played with her fingers a bit.

"I apologize for not believing you, Circe, but allow me to ask you some questions. I just want to help you." Emile spoke.

"With what? There's nothing wrong." Circe said.

"There has been a complication in your life, perhaps a... toxic relationship?"