Chapter 44

Lisa's POV

Beep-Beep-Beep-Beeppp

"Uhh" I groaned in frustration as I heard an alarm going off. I turned to the side and used the pillow to cover my ears.

The blankets around me shuffled and I knew IU was up. IU and I decided to share the bed closest to the door while Momo and Chaeyoung shared a bed closest to the window. Last night they were saying something about someone coming in at night and like kidnapping us, so they wanted to stay as far away from the door as possible. Scaredy cats.

Anyways the annoying alarm was finally shut off and I heard IU mumble something.

"I'll let us sleep for ten more minutes." IU groggily announced.

No reply was heard and she went back under the covers.

—————

We got into the cars and were headed towards the location we would be playing at.

I checked the time, 10:38 it read so that means it's 8:38 back home, I guess everyone is in their first period right now.

Should I text Jennie?

No you shouldn't it, it would be rude since she is in class

But what if she is on her phone?

No don't.

But I miss her a lot even though it's only been one day

Exactly it's only been one day, don't seem desperate

If I seem desperate it means I care...

"Oh fuck this" I mumbled out loud.

"Come again?" Jisoo asked me and nudged my side.

Shit did I say that out loud?

"Nothing, just homework on my mind" I answered her.

I looked out the window and sighed. I should not be this desperate, cmon Lisa, you know better!

We arrived at the gym and watched some games.

We closely observed other teams so we would know more about them if we play them.

"Look the college coaches are here" I heard one of my teammates whisper.

Our coach did tell us that there would be college coaches here. But they blended in so well that you could not tell unless you were paying close attention.

I placed my earbuds in my ears and tried to calm myself down. I was nervous because these were the best teams all over the country. I still watched and observed the other teams playing. I saw the team we were up against walk into the gym.

I watched as they walked with confidence. They placed their bags down behind their bench. My team and I got up from the bleachers and headed towards our bench. We wore our basketball shoes and began stretching on the court.

We were in the middle court so everyone had a view on us. My hands started to sweat due to my nervousness. I did not want to embarrass myself here, especially in front of a college coach. All of us are trying to impress them and hopefully get recruited.

After we finished stretching, we started to do our warm up drills. We started with a layup line. Then we shot 3-pointers and free throws. With 3 minutes left on the clock, we just started to shoot around.

At the 1 minute mark, our coach called us in for a huddle.

"Alright girls, here is our first game of this week. Now remember #5 is their point guard and she is right-hand dominant. Lisa you will be on her and push her to the left." My coach instructed me. I nodded my head signaling I understood what he said.