Prologue

"One, two, three... go", i say as I let go of the flower petals in my hand, watching them race against the wind and down to the surface of the pool.

"Ah as expected, mabilis... why did I even think that they'd fall slower?.."

It's pretty loud in here. It's just 5pm and I'm waiting for the sunset, my peace after a chaotic day. But can I really call it peaceful when the speakers are blasting inside? I chuckled to myself. I can fool almost anyone but myself I guess.

I've always wanted the night life, where it's loud and messy. Music so loud that the bass can be heard on the floor. The dark ambiance and the colorful lights waving around. People chattering and gathered around. It's so nice to have a lot of friends, too. One of the reasons why I chose to always party. I gain friends amd connections. It's not bad at all.

I crouched to touch the water and reach for the petals in the pool. I wish time would slow down. I feel like I haven't done anything yet time flies so fast. The petals fell so fast like how the sun sets so fast. I hate it. I just wanna live in the moment but I can't.

I stood up and saw the people inside the house are getting louder. I don't wanna go in yet until the sun sets.

I'm at a house party hosted by my friend, wearing a tight short sleeve blue dress that scrunches at my waist with a few earrings and chokers as accessories. I have my simple black open toe heels with it and a small black purse. My usual get up, I guess?

I head back as I finished watching the sunset. A few minutes of peace.

"Rel? San ka galing?", ani Em na kakalagok lang ng tequila.

"Outside. Nagpahangin lang, medyo mainit na dito eh. There's so many people. Where are the majority from?"

"Ah from other universities lang din. Looking for anything specific? You want someone from ateneo? or?"

"Hahaha no, I'm just asking. Please chill.", I smirk as I grab a shot from her. Mukha bang naghhunting ako ngayon?

"Sus, sige kunwari you're not looking. Baka pagbalik naman natin ng lasalle, di ka na magkunwari ah..."

"I just think our batchmates are cute, pero we'll see if meron dito? joke"

"Gaga! But it's your choice. Supportahan kita"

That was the previous party that we attended. Em and I are bestfriends, even though she has a different schedule than mine. Gulo na ng kanya pero kinakaya naman niya. Supportahan lang kami sa isa't isa. That's why I love her so much.

I was rushing towards the elevator so I could go down to the ground floor. My free time just started, kakatapos lang ng group meeting ko with one of my subjects.

"Hey Rel! You're busy recently? There's a party this friday. Baka g ka?"

"Sige ba, I'll invite Em din. Text me the details?", I said while smiling. Friends just approach me like this to invite me to a party. I think I've been very social my whole college life. Nakakasawa din pala.

"Alright, see you! Take care, ayt?"

"You, too!", I walked away with my laptop against my chest. Iniisip ko na agad kung anong susuotin ko mamaya. Baka magbar kami to loosen up kasi kakatapos lang ng midterms.

I guess this is how I want it.

Sleep. Eat. Study. Party. Repeat.