Why Can't It Just Go Away Chapter 7

Anastasia's P.O.V

I woke up to the smell of pancakes. Letting my eyes adjust I look around to see I'm in my room alone. As I'm about to get out of bed I remember the events that happened last night. I feel the tears but quickly wipe them away. I go to the bathroom and do my business then walk down stairs. Entering the kitchen I find Chase putting pancakes in two plates. She looks up and smiles wide when she sees me. Well that gave me butterflies.

I smile back, "why didn't you wake me." I ask.

"You had a bad night last night so I thought it would be good to sleep in." She replies.
"Oh! And I made breakfast, I hope you like pancakes." She smiles

I smile and blush "your cute." I say quietly and cover my mouth as she blushes. "I didn't mean to say that out loud." I say as I sit down and grab my fork. She giggles "it's kool." She says.
We sit down and start eating when my mom storms in panicked.

"Anastasia what have you done!" My mom cries.

"Mom what are you talking about?" I question.

"YOU!" She screams pointing at Chase.
"This is all your fault your the one behind this!" She yells on.

I look at Chase to see her just as confused and scared as I am.

"Mom, calm down and tell us what your talking about." I say.

She breaths in the out and says. " it's Matt, his parents and him are in your fathers office. She pauses. " and he said Chase attacked him for just dancing with you Anastasia."
"He said Chase was trying to take you away from him, but she can't because he's your mate."

"WHAT?!?!!! Me and Chase yell in unison.
I run out of the kitchen and down the hall way to my dad's office. I burst through the door with Chase and my mom behind me.

My dad's standing behind his desk pacing with his face red with anger.

"Dad?." I question. "What's going on?"

He looks at me then he sees Chase
And his face reddens. "My family and I welcome you and your pack here and this is how you repay us." He yells. "By starting some kind of war." He continues.

"No sir! I would never" she yells. "Look your daughter is my mate and I know that's not normal, but I would do anything to protect her, you need to believe me when I tell that Matt is a lying prick." Chase says.

My dad's face turns from anger to shock.

"Is this true Anastasia?" My dad questions quietly.

"Yes dad, Chase is my mate." I reply.

"I didn't think that was possible." He says more to himself.

"No! THAT IS A LIE! ANASTASIA IS MINE! Matt growls.

Chase growls and gets into the fight stance. "She is mine." She growls.
"You don't even care about her,
you tried to rape her last night!" She says. Matt's and my parents gasped.

Matt lunged at Chase knocking her to the ground. "No!" I scream.
My moms crying and Matt's parents are still in shock.
"EOUGH!" My dad yells in his alpha voice. "Anastasia?" I look at my dad.
You can see anger and worry in his eyes. "Is-is it true that he tried to rape you?" My dad questions. I feel tears start to roll down my face. "Yes." I choke out.

My dad's face falls but is quickly replaced with anger agin. "Take Matt to the cells" My dad tells some pack members.

"No!" Matts mom yells crying. She try's to run to him, but her husband holds her back. You can see the disappointment in his eyes as they take Matt away.

"I'm so sorry about your son Gage,but you understand, you both may go now." My dad says.

When they leave my dad turns to Chase. "Thank you for saving my daughter Chase, but I don't how I feel about to two being mates, I'm sorry but I must leave to clear my mind." He says to her.

She nods with some hurt in her eyes.
As he walks past me he looks at me, but says nothing. As he leaves with my mom, her not even looking at me more tears fall. I turn to Chase as she walks up to me.

"Ana I'm so sorry I didn't want your parents to find out this way." She says with tears in her eyes.

"This wasn't supposed to happen." I say. Chase pulls me into her arms as I cry.