𝐭𝐰𝐨 - 𝐧𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭 𝐨𝐟 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐜𝐨𝐦𝐞𝐭

ii. hagrid's hut
night of the comet

     Rubeus Hagrid's hut loomed in the darkness of the night

Rubeus Hagrid's hut loomed in the darkness of the night. There was no sound of Fang running to greet her at the door, no lights on. Rock cakes and grubs, all the visits to Hagrid's hut over her many years seemed faint.

Jasmine Potter stood at the edge of the forest, eyes trailing over the swarm of dementors. She could feel the chills from where she stood, and she knew that she didn't have enough strength to cast a patronus. She carefully pulled the golden snitch from her pocket and held it in front of her.

I open at the close.

She pressed her lips to the metal before letting out a whisper, "I'm ready to die."

As she pulled it away, the metal started opening, a stone rising from inside. Jasmine let out a shaky breath as she examined the stone. "The Resurrection Stone." She held the stone in her hand and closed her eyes. If she was going to die, she could at least talk to her family, right? Jasmine opened her eyes when she felt the shift in the air, Sirius Black, Remus Lupin, Lily and James Potter stood in front of her.

"You've been so brave, sweetheart." Lily Potter smiled sadly as tears formed in her daughter's eyes. After sharing a look with her boys, she walked closer to Jasmine. "It's going to be okay, Jasmine."

Jasmine shook her head lightly. "How can you say that when I'm walking to my death?"

"You're almost there," James reassured his daughter.

"I'm sorry, I never wanted any of you to die for me." Jasmine whispered, looking between her dead family members. "Remus, your son..."

Remus closed his eyes for a moment before speaking. "Others will tell him what his parents died for. One day, he will understand."

Jasmine stared at her parents, the two people she had wanted all her life,   now seeing them before she died. "You'll stay with me?"

"Until the end," James promised.

     She nodded. "Stay close to me, please."

"Always."

Jasmine Lily Potter made her way to her death, to Voldemort, with her family by her side. She didn't know if they were real, or if they would truly stay until her last breath. She didn't care. She had longed for a family her whole life, and she was walking her way to death with the people who loved her most. With her family.

"You'll be okay, Bambi," Sirius told her just before she entered the clearing where death eaters stood. "It will all be better soon, and you'll be much happier, you'll be with them."

  "With who, pad?" Jasmine asked quietly. Her family knew something she didn't.

"You'll know soon."