Friends; Gotta Hate To Love Them

~Shika~

Katy didn't say a thing...

"OW OW OW! I'm showee~" Ash cried as I pinched both her cheeks.

I tightened my grip, "If you were really sorry, you wouldn't be laughing!"

"Laughs of regret?" She offered helplessly and I shook her vigorously by the cheeks.

Katy had been watching silently for the past ten minutes, "Ash please don't push your luck. And Shika, let her go."

"She needs to pay!"

I felt Katy drag me away by my collar and I grumbly sat myself on the bed, glaring daggers at Ash's sheepish face.

We were in the small room that was technically and for all purposes mine now. Addie, what I chose to call her, and Colin were with Trent and Cameron getting geared up.

Apparently they were both in scout class.

"So!" Ash joyfully and innocently jumped on the bed, "After the ranking, me and Katy are both Spartans by the way, the lieutenants came for sampling or whatever, and..."

She was talking with the same tone she used to use when gossiping with Gemma, which meant she wasn't taking things seriously. Katy stared at her with a blank look before rolling her eyes and continuing the more relevant part of their story.

"The last time I saw you was when you were recovering from going out on your first mission. Since then Linda kinda made me her apprentice and took me for her squad—"

"And that hot blondish guy with the pretty eyes?! Lieutenant Jokul? He was always hanging around and watching whenever we had combat practice! He's always looking so serious..."

Ash had cut in on Katy and was now babbling away and slightly drooling while Katy and I backed up and cringed.

"Ash that's weird." Katy said with a concerned tone.

"What? The lieutenant's hot. Some of the girls back at the barracks call him Lt. Bolt." She said while wiggling her eyebrows and I felt the urgent need to barf.

"Ash he's my brother."

She immediately stopped talking and finally noticed the concerned faces of Katy and I. Her mouth opened and closed a number of times before she pursed her lips and scratched her head.

"Well," she shrugged, "At least we know your gorgeous looks are inherited."

Katy and I face palmed ourselves and fell backwards on the bed.

"Whahat? Can't a girl be honest?" She laughed.

"I really hate you you know." I breathed from underneath my hand.

"Which just means you love us!"

I grumbled at her optimism.

"So, since you joined the big dogs, what's it been like? Working with the lieutenants?"

I bolted up and looked at Katy. I honestly expected her to just go ahead and tell the others. Katy shrugged.

"It wasn't my place to say," she simply said, "Remember, I'm Katy, not Kate."

I blinked at her and looked down before facing a still waiting Ash, "I guess that means you don't know about my unique relationship with the two other Titan lieutenants."

"Who? Hector and Jadis?" Ash raised a brow.

"You mean madman and woman." Katy said with a huff.