Chapter 1

Inspired by the fic 'Chocolate donuts' by @skvhyhdjhasd - hopefully I spelt that right. It was just a short one chapter fic but I got ideas.

Edit: the author of the story I based this on deleted their fic so if you try to find it, it no longer exists

It was late. Later then Peter had ever been out before, but this time he had no choice. He didn't expect to be spending the night on a roof with only his crappy Spider-Man suit for warmth. When he had to leave he wasn't allowed to grab clothes he just had to go, run as far away as possible.

She wasn't supposed to be there. She wasn't supposed to see him crawling through his window. She wasn't supposed to see him in the suit and she definitely wasn't supposed to see him take of his mask.

He should have checked.

When she saw, she screamed bloody murder. The neighbours banged on the walls angrily as she shouted. All her words still engrained into his mind.

'WHAT THE HELL PETER'

'YOUVE BEEN GOING OUT RISKING YOUR LIFE EVERYDAY'

'WHAT ABOUT ME'

'DID THAT EVER CROSS YOUR MIND'

'I WOULD BE HERE ALL ALONE'

'OR AM I NOT IMPORTANT ENOUGH'

'MAYBE BEING FAMOUS IS ALL THAT YOU CARE ABOUT'

'ALL THE PICTURES AND INTERVIEWS'

'I BET YOU FUCKING LIKED THE ATTENTION'

'WHAT WOULD BEN THINK'

'TREATING ME LIKE THIS'

'YOU KNOW WHAT GET OUT'

'YOU CAN DO THE HERO THING FOR A LIVING'

'I DONT FUCKING CARE ANYMORE'

'GET OUT OF MY FUCKING HOUSE YOU LITTLE SHIT'

'AND DONT COME BACK'

'ATLEAST NOT WHILE YOUR STILL A FREAK'

He wiped his eyes of the tears that formed as he recalled her reaction.

All he wanted to do was help people, stop them from going through what he did with Ben, but instead he got kicked out of his house.

He had no where to go since Ned had to many siblings and he wouldn't want to burden them. The fact that both of MJ's parents hated him for some unexplained reason meant he definitely couldn't go there but the two where his only friends, he had no one else.

He knew homeless shelters would call CPS If he ever went there and Peter swore he would never go into the foster system ever again. The time from when he was young and put there, waiting for his aunt and Uncle to gain custody of him haunted his dreams for many years.

Peter curled in on himself as a gust of wind passed by, the thin fabric of his homemade suit not warm enough for someone who can't thermoregulate. It was now that he regretted not adding a heater of some kind or an extra few layers to the costume. Usually his patrols never lasted longer than 2 hours so the cold would never really bother him but he had been out there for 5.

A scream erupted from a random alleyway, interrupting his train of thought and he jumped up from the place he just lay and swung to the noise.

----------------------------------------

Peter had just webbed up the villain and had helped the old lady to her street before retreating to another roof top to try and understand the situation he was in.

He soon realised that he could see Avenger's Tower from where he was. He stared in admiration at the tall glass building and the lights within turn on and off. He had only noticed how long he was staring when only one light remained on.

The spider suspected it was the billionaires who was notoriously known for never getting enough sleep. Maybe it was the famous lab that no one but the famous inventor himself ever got to see, where all of Starks greatest inventions where made. Peter could only wonder what it looked like from inside.

He imagined all the high tech equipment placed around the mechanics lab as he fell asleep. All his worries left him for those few hours of rest.

---------------------------------------------------

Hopefully you enjoyed this- it's one of the first where I have made peter family-less without killing May off- which honestly idk why I just really enjoy doing that.