Chapter 31

I swam deeper. The light of my wand helped me until I saw an ancient Ruadian door. It was not locked. I opened it. To my surprise, the water didn't flow into the room. It was static. I turned into my human form and entered in. Suddenly, the door locked by itself. I tried to unlock but it seemed to be too old. I saw the room. It was like a wizard's workshop. I went to the desk. The mahogany desk was too dusty. I saw a map on it. It was the map of the entire Crustel, Taleas, Ruadian, Aquanya, and Ardian. There were notes written on the map which quite startled me. The handwriting was too messy. All of sudden, I heard someone trying to unlock another door in the room. I quickly ran and hid inside an enormous wooden cupboard. There was a tiny crack in it which enabled me to witness the room secretly. Someone too huge entered with a stagger. He was too hairy like a beast. He sat on the chair beside his desk and had a glance at the map. He muttered something but I couldn't hear him. He took out his wand and waved it sideways three times. Something flashed. He got up from his chair. "Hus ti?" He asked with his cold voice. He was frightened. (Oh I forgot to translate ):  Hus ti means Who is it?) 

   A lanky lady in pink showed up. He was quite relieved. He put down his wand and asked her in a firm tone, "Oh it was just you?" in Ard Language. (Ps: All dialogues in Ardian would be in Ard except for Erica and Kanyal!) She rolled her eyes and put down a scroll she brought with her on the desk. "Elvira is here," she told like it was a piece of disgusting news. To my surprise, the beast was excited. He asked curiously, "Where is she? How is she?" It sounded quite weird, to be honest. I saw a spider just a few millimetres from me. All I could do was gasp. The lanky lady turned towards the cupboard (towards me). I accidentally gasped again. I immediately cast an invisibility spell on me. The lanky lady opened the cupboard door. She looked right into my eyes but for her, I was still invisible. "What are you looking at? I asked you where's Elvira?" The beast growled. She slammed the cupboard door and went near to the beast. I peeked through the tiny crack again. She was holding the scroll. "She sent you this!" She handed the scroll to the beast with a disgusting look. The beast grabbed it as it was some sort of rare palatable food. He exited the room and the lanky lady followed him. I slowly opened the cupboard door and got out. I followed them. Before that, I grabbed the Ardian map and made it invisible to others. I was able to see it. 

     The beast was hurrying to somewhere behave as he got the most precious present in his entire life. It was crystal clear that the lady was jealous of Elvira. He didn't open the scroll yet. He walked and walked so far till he saw the elf that I met earlier. The beast stopped, "Hey you! Gasy! Stop," said. The elf stopped and was gasping. "What a pleasure to meet you, sir!" Gasy, the elf was too startled to see the beast. The 'He' he mentioned earlier was the beast. "Prepare the Chamber of Maru!" The beast said with hiding the suspense. "Sire...uhmmm...I..uh.." Gasy trembled with his words. The beast's eyebrows narrowed as he raised his voice a bit, "Don't tell me that you released the parrot again!" Gasy nodded sheepishly. The beast groaned. "Just prepare the chamber. I will find that parrot. The parrot must be at the library or the garden," the beast said and hurried forward quickly. He was too fast as I couldn't catch up. Suddenly, Gasy looked at me. "Hey, aren't you the new librarian? Why are you here?" He asked me quietly. All of sudden, the beast stopped and turned at Gasy. "Gasy, what are you doing? Hurry up. Elvira's here!" He growled. Gasy ran quickly passing me. I was startled for a moment. He was able to see me even I cast an invisibility spell on me. Elves have master magic since birth and I forgot that fact. I tried to follow them. 

    They were heading to the library. "Oh crap!" I groaned. I turned into a fairy with purple-pink wings and neon green eyes. I flew towards the library and sneaked in before them. The Lanky Lady saw me. "Yula, aren't you supposed to bring the new librarian?" She asked me. I turned around where Erica was at the receptionist table. "The new librarian is here! See!" I pointed to Erica. The Lady raised one of her eyebrows. "Why are you acting differently? I thought you knew Elvira's here. Bring the new librarian and another person to help Gasy clean the Chamber of Maru! Now hurry up!" She talked quickly. I only heard the last sentence clearly. I whispered at Erica to follow me. I flew as fast as possible and met Kanyal. Luckily, the beast and the lady were in the books section. I whispered to him to follow me too. I flew out and exited the library meanwhile Kanyal and Erica ran out with me. I turned them into fairies too. Kanyal hugged me so tightly, "I was scared. I was crying!" he began to be dramatic. "Ugh. Calm down. Listen, my name is Yula for now. We will decide on a great name for you and Erica on our way. Well, Elvira's here! The beast is so excited to meet Elvira and the lady in pink told me to prepare the Chamber of Maru!" I told them calmly. Kanyal and Erica nodded. I saw Gasy was wandering. We flew towards him. 

     "Gasy! Are you heading to the Chamber of Maru? We were commanded to help you!" I said friendly. He looked at me weirdly. "Yeah. So who are these guys? Are that Yarl and Carl?" he asked me curiously. "I think you're good at spotting people, Gasy!" I told him as I smiled. He smiled back broadly and told us to follow him to the Chamber of Maru.