i. zuko pushes all of my buttons. i hate it.

zuko pushes all of my buttons

zuko pushes all of my buttons. i hate it.
CHAPTER ONE,
mari.

&&&

"ZUKO, I SAID I WAS SORRY!" Mari screamed at the door.

"SAY IT LIKE YOU MEAN IT!" Zuko screamed back.

"OH, PRINCE ZUKO, I SINCERELY APOLOGIZE FOR THROWING YOU INTO THE WATER!" Mari snickers as she remembers what happened an hour prior to her being locked in her room. Well, not locked; the door doesn't lock on the outside, because if it did, that meant I was a prisoner. And I am the furthest thing from a prisoner, thank you very much. Anyways, the door isn't locked, because it can't be from the outside, but it can be if Zuko stands guard in front of it for a whole hour.

Ok, back on track. Basically, Zuko and I were training (read: Zuko was getting his ass handed to him) and I had sneakily bended the water that surrounded us (because we're in the middle of the ocean on a ship, duh) and wrapped it around Zuko's leg. I had fully intended on making him fall back, but apparently I didn't know my own strength and I needed to work on the water-whip because one second, Zuko was in front of me and the next he was overboard. An accident, truly.

"Mari, that was literally the most unconvincing apology I have ever heard." Mari didn't notice the door open and Zuko step in, and she jumps up from where she was laying on the floor. She rolls her eyes and grabs her friend's hand and stands up.

"Okay, I'm sorry Zuko," Mari sighs, and the Prince gives her a small smile.

"I know you are," She gives Zuko a quick slap to the back of his head and he groans.

"That hurt, Mari!" She rolls her eyes. "I barely even hit you, relax." Mari walks to the door and pauses, turning to look back at Zuko. "Now come on, your highness, I want to try and beat Uncle in Pai Sho!"

"You're never going to beat him."

"Oh, yee of little faith!"

&&&

"HOW ARE YOU SO good at this game?" Mari mumbles, mainly to herself. Zuko, overhearing her, snorts out a laugh before covering his mouth and turning away. Mari grins and turns to the Prince.

"Prince Zuko, was that laughter I heard?" Mari teases, and Zuko turns around, his face a bright red.

"You must be hearing things, Mari." Mari rolls her eyes and is about to retort with something, but their Uncle Iroh—well, Iroh is Zuko's Uncle but he says that Mari is basically like family, seeing as how they've known each other for years now—cheered. Mari's head snapped back to the board and she groans.