First Week of Medical School

I've always lived at home with my parents. Staying at the university residential area was a big change for me. I didn't know if I was going to adjust well and get used to life away from home. My roommate was very kind and welcoming so she made the transition a bit more bearable. Fast forward to first week of medical school, we had to go through orientation. I remember sitting with my new classmates feeling really special because it was our first week at university. I felt like the members of staff that were talking to us were wasting our time. In my head I was thinking, these people are wasting time, they should come with the books and start teaching us because I felt I was ready for all the medical terms and jargon that I had to learn. Little did I know that I wasn't ready. After orientation I had my first anatomy lecture. I was very excited. After the lecture I rushed to the library to borrow the books that the lecturer had said we will need for our anatomy course. I managed to borrow Gray's Atlas of Anatomy and Keith Moore's Clinically oriented anatomy. I didn't understand what was in the books but I was eager to learn. Physiology and biochemistry seemed a lot like biology from high school. I managed to get through the first week but I already felt like I was behind with my school work.