Drugged Inspection

TW: Drugging (drink-spiking), use of the words 'crazy, insane, insanity' to descirbe those with mental health conditions, cursing, mention of death penalty

For once, when I wake up, I'm in a good mood. Of course, I still feel guilty about what Dr Sanders told me. I think I'm going to feel worst about Remy. I feel like he's a nice guy. Same with Dr Picani. I feel like both of them are good souls, but even when I was in school, we were taught about insanity and how it's treated in the same ways they are here. I don't think they know any better, but, they're smart men. They'll find better jobs, I'm sure of it. Right?

Listen to me, assuming that this all going to work out. How cute.

I wake up and see that everyone else is already awake. Janus seems to have already left for his court date, and Logan is leaning against the back wall, noticing that I've woken up.
Rubbing my eyes, I listen to him.

"Great! So, there's gonna be an inspector coming today. I don't want any of us to communicate any falsehoods, but try your best to appear in his eyes as a 'normal' member of society. I think we should all be polite, and respectful. And, I'm not trying to name names, but, Remus and Virgil, please don't attack the man."

I look towards Remus and we both just start laughing. "Y-Yeah.. sure." I say between chuckles.
Logan raises an eyebrow but continues.

"I'm not sure when he'll arrive, so I think we should all assume it to be any minute now." We all nod. About a minute later, the door opens slowly, we all tense up but relax again when we see it's just a nurse bringing us breakfast, Nurse Kathleen to be exact. She walks along the room between the beds, putting our trays on our matresses. The tray holds a glass of water and small bowl of oatmeal. I expect her to walk out, but she stands by the door as, looking between Remus and I. The others seem to notice but don't say anything. Once both of us have finsihed our glasses of water, she smiles and walks out.

"That was.. kinda weird." Roman says, looking at his brother.
"Hm. Remus, Virgil, come here please." Logan says, ushering us towards him. We both walk over with concern and he stops us, looking into both of our pupils. His eyes widen and he drops his gaze to the floor.

"Shit."

"What?!" We both say in unison. Roman and Patton walk towards us from behind as Logan pops his lips, as if he didn't want to say what he was going to.
"You, uh, you've both been drugged."

"W-what..?" I say.
"Damn it! I'm so stupid! How did I not see this coming?!" Logan paces up and down the room, talking to the floor.
"Can you elaborate please?" Roman says, concern glazing his face.

"It's simple. They spiked your drinks, probably with some sort of drug to make you act differently, maybe to make you both loopy or particlarly agitated. When the inspector comes around here, he's going to come in the room and see both of you out of your minds, acting like they expect you to, Patton's going to be stressed about it and probably break down, Roman will be too concerned about his brother to focus on anything else, they deem lack of attention as a mild symptom of insanity, and I'm going to be too wrapped up in blaming myself for letting this happen, that the insepctor will see as all as BATSHIT CRAZY! GOSH HOW DID I NOT SEE IT SOONER?!"

"Woah, woah! Logie, calm down!" Patton says, a hand on Logan's back.
"Why don't they both just go to sleep? They can't make a disturbance asleep." Roman suggests.
"Mhm! Whale penis, you have that, uh, encyclopedia! Knock us out with it!" Remus yells in a sudden outburst.
"No! No! That won't work, could give you concussions. You won't be able to sleep. They will have put something to keep you awake in there, caffine, maybe? GOSH! They know us too well!"

"Uhm.. g-guys.." I say, trying to get their attention they all look at me and see what I'm seeing. My hands are shaking like crazy. Remus notices that his are aswell and curses under his breath.
"Argh! Think, Logan, think." He says to himself.