Time: Limited

TW: Talk of death, mention of hanging, unsympathetic Thomas, implied self-harm, getting changed, use of "lunatic asylum" to describe pshyciatric wards,

I've just got back from my treatments for today. Now that Mary doesn't work here anymore, Dr Picani is back to running my treatments. I had it super rough today, since he figured out that Mary hadn't been givng me my full treatments because we were "aquatinces." But, I shouldn't complain. Atleast I'll still be alive this time next week. Heck, I might even be free from here this -whatime next week.

When I come in the door of Room 13, I'm dripping wet like a dog, but everbody in the room is used to it by now. I close the door behind me and see that Remus is sat on Janus' bed, softly crying into his friend's shoulder. Janus is rubbing circles on Re's back, looking completely unfazed.
"Honestly, it isn't worth getting upset about, Re. It's just life.. or death. Or.. c'est lo vie or, whatever." Janus says.
"C'est la vie." Logan corrects.
"Yeah, that."

Remus pulled away and nodded. "Yeah, yeah, you're right." He wiped his eyes and sniffled a bit as the door was knocked then opened. It was Doctor Sanders.
"All of you, by your beds." We all scattered across the room to stand at the end of our beds. Janus was already sitting on his bed, but he didn't even flinch on the Doctor's command. "Mr Griffis, you may be being hung net week, but I won't hesitate to have you spend your last five days alive in an isolation room." He seems to stiffen up at this news as he clambers off his bed and stands like the rest of us.

"Good. So, it appears that I have been lied to." We all stay silent, glancing around the room to eachother.
"Virgil, do you remember when I asked you if your roomates new about Mary?"
"Y-Yes Sir."
"Well, you've lied to me, and now, the hospital is closing down on July 11th. But, you are all in my custody until then."

All of us, including Janus, smile and look at Dr Sanders.
"Stop smiling. You've robbed hundreds of their jobs, I hope you realise."

I can't even stop myself from speaking. "It's wh-what they d-deserve though." I say, as confidently as I can.
"Excuse me?"
"Y-You heard wha-t I said. ..That wh-whole drugging thing, w-w-wasn't cool, by the-the way."
"It was nessiscary."
"It-It really w-wasn't."

"Do correct me if I'm wrong, Mr Blair. But, you came back from a two hour hydrotherapy shower, yes?" I nod.
"My h-air is dripping with w-water, you kno-know that."
"After this, you're going to go back down there and do another three hours."
"..W-what?"
"You can't talk back to me like that and expect to get away with it."

I lean back against my bedframe and slump down.
"You are all going to have to completely clean this room. I'll be taking my leave now. Virgil, do come."
I follow him out of the room, turning around breifly to see Roman mouth 'Good Luck' as I leave.

-----------

"I think my mind is playing tricks on me, Virgil, I'm pretty sure I saw you about half an hour ago." Dr Picani says, in a joking way. I just sigh as I walk over to the changing rooms. My hair hasn't even dried yet. I throw my clothes onto a bench. I've changed into some swimming shorts that I managed to get. I cringe as I look down to my arms, the scars on them haven't fully healed yet, and everytime I have a treatment, Emile seems to notice them, as he would.

I've become very numb to the cold water as it peirces my skin. It's still horrible, but it's got better over time. The longest shower I've had was six hours. That was rough. I once asked Dr Picani how this is supposed to help me, and apparently, associating everything "wrong with me" with discomfort (thus being the ice-cold water) discourages me from hurting myself or "having an episode." I'm not exactly sure how they think it works, but if I was choosing to break down and hyperventilate, I'm pretty sure it wouldn't happen.

But, no matter. I'll be out of here and graduating school before I know it. Gosh, I really hope the kids at school don't find out that I was here. Imagine that. The school emo, crazy kid, actually got sent to a lunatic asylum. They'd eat that up. The three hours goes quicker than I expected. When I get back to the room, I'm tired. All I want to do is go straight to bed. I get back into the room and stumble accross the room to sit on my bed. I completely drown out what the others say, all I can muster is:

"..'m going to sl-slee.."

And that's exactly what I do.

---------------

Heya! So sorry this chapter was so short, but the next chapter will be the finale! Thank you so much for coming on this journey with me, and enjoy the final chapter.

874 words