Ten

Here it is! Sorry if you guys haven't heard, but I adjusted my update schedule some. Wack-A-Harry was voted in by my followers for update one, while this story came in second, and A Foul Place Is Where I Love You third. Reminder that they're all HP stories of mine, so if you're bored waiting for this story and you like my writing, feel free to check out those other ones! I'm rather proud of A Foul Place Is Where I Love You in particular.

I also roughly sketched this extra little thing. It's Lily and Albus trying to decipher The Tales of Beetle the Bard. I might do more of these little sketches later, if you'd like me to share them with you. Also note that this contains some little teaser clues about what's to come, if you look and think closely ;)

 Also note that this contains some little teaser clues about what's to come, if you look and think closely ;)

Anyway, enough chitchat about my artistic skills. Here's your update for week June 28, 2020 through July 5, 2020.

————

"How are you doing, mon cœur?"

Teddy blinked a few times to get his vision to focus on reality. He looked up from his full bowl of soupe à l'oignon to meet Victoire's breathtaking blue eyes, soft and worried, and once again found himself wondering how in the hell he managed to have her as his lovely, soon-to-be wife. Honestly, it was a miracle she'd ever noticed him, a klutzy orphan whose looks were only interesting because of his ... metamorphmagus—ness.

Was that even a word?

"Teddy."

He didn't think it was. Surely it wasn't. He should know, shouldn't he? He'd only been one all his life.

"Teddy."

But then again, maybe not. It wasn't like he'd known any other metamorphaguses. His mother had been one, but, naturally, it wasn't like she'd been around to tell him this sort of stuff. No, Harry had been the one to teach him how to control his powers when he was young, reading and researching all he could about the subject, despite not being one himself. It had gotten him far enough to control his shifting appearances when he wanted, even if sometimes he lost that control and his hair or eyes decided to do whatever they pleased. And Auror training had required him to learn how to use those powers to his advantage, so—

"EDWARD REMUS LUPIN."

Teddy jerked harshly at his full name, accidentally knocking his bowl of soup over in the process. "Wha ...? Ah, shit—"

Victoire only smiled and shook her head at him, waving her wand to spell away the mess, then levitating another bowl over. "Don't worry, I know you well."