Dear Ethan

Dear Ethan,

Your girl surely was something. I never met you, if I had I wouldn't have met the amazing girl I get to now call my wife.

It's selfish, but thank you for letting her go.

It's not weird, the way she talks about you. They say first loves are always special, but I think you two were more than that. Soulmates. Maybe more. You two shared a heart.

That word was only in books and movies, but I truly believe that's what you two are. She loves me with most of her heart but a sliver will always go to you. I wish you would've stayed on this earth longer, but if you had I wouldn't have my Ariabelle. So I have to thank you for that.

She told me the real reason you two met. I have to thank you for that too. You saved her. If you hadn't have saved her I wouldn't have the gorgeous girl I have now, I wouldn't have the daughter we have either.

I feel like I know you. You used to wear beanies, only two to be exact. You apparently never liked the shape of your ears. She still has them. You liked to smoke and she explained you couldn't go a single second without paying her a compliment.

A lot of people tell me it's weird, how my wife talks about her old boyfriend.

But you're a hero. You're her hero.

I'm writing this because it's about to be our 3rd wedding anniversary, I planned something for her, and I'm happy you're here for her.

Our 3 year old daughter even knows about you. That's how amazing you are in our life. You are a hero, you went too soon but you saved probably
more than Ariabelle's life.

She doesn't know I'm writing this, We saved you a seat on our wedding day. Right in the front. I hope you watched from heaven, she looked like an angel.
I even made a toast, I thanked you.

That's when she cried the most.

I hope you can read this from up in the sky. We still go to church. She told me she let go of you but there's things she still does that shows me there's still a few strings holding her.

I can't be mad at her, never for anything like that.

I want to thank you again. Thank you for saving her, showing her life. Thank you for giving her to me even if you didn't know you did.

We will continue going to church. We will continue going to you and celebrating your birthday.

Thank you Ethan, Keep smiling.

Thank you for my beautiful wife.

Yours truly, Ariabelle's husband, Raleigh.