Chapter 8

Noah is relieved to wake up to the sun shining on her face, and so is Jessica. Both girls sigh in content before getting up. Noah dresses in a pair of black denim shorts, a designer black and white short sleeved blouse, and some white flats. She brushed her brown hair as Jessica finishes getting dressed.
                     They leave out and ride in Jessica's car to school. When they get there, they go to the yard near the picnic tables and sit in the grass. It's still barely sixty degrees but a lot of the locals in Forks take advantage of the nicer days by wearing short sleeves, tank tops, and shorts. Especially the teenagers.
                       Bella walks across the lot and she stands near Jessica and Noah. She scans the lot, probably looking for Edward.
                  "They're not here," Jessica states when she brooches Bella looking, Bella looks dowm at her. "Whenever the weather's nice, the Cullens disappear."
                   "They just... ditch?" Bella asks.
                   "No, doctor and Mrs. Cullen yank 'em our for hiking and camping and stuff," Jessica replies. "I tried that on my parents. Not even close."
                   "I'm going to prom with Eric!" Angela exclaims as she bounces over excitedly. "I just asked him. I took control!" She happily gives Bella a hug. "Are you sure you have to go out of town?"
                   "It's a family thing," Bella claims and Noah gives her a stern look.
                   "Oh, my is, we need to hit the stores in Port Angeles before the dresses get cleaned out," Jessica mumbles.
                    "Port Angeles?" Bella inquires. "Can I go with you guys?"
                 "Yes, please," Angela replies. "We need your opmion."
+++-+++
                    Jessica, Angela, and Noah try on different prom dresses. Their theme is Monte Carlo or something similar to that. Noah is looking for hot, showy, and sparkly. Jessica is trying on a pink dress with a halter that pushed her boobs up. Angela is trying on a black one. The one Noah is trying on is red and low cut, and sparkly.
                   "I think this halter makes my books look big. Jay do you think, Bella?" Jessica asks amd a group of frat boys knock on the glass window, and Jess turns embrassed before turning to the brunette at the window. "Bella?"
                   "It looks great," Bella replies absently.
                  "You said that about the last five dresses," Jessica frowns.
                  Angela gives Bella an empathetic look. "You're not very good at this, are you?"
                 "There's this book store I'm wanting to checkout," Bella says. "Maybe I can meet you guys at the restaurant later."
                   "You sure?" Noah asks as she looks at her sister; Bella nods and she leaves.
                   "She's right about this halter, though," Jessica says as she turns to look in the mirror again, "it does look great."
                   Jessica, Angela, and Noah continue shopping for about twenty minutes before they head out to Jessica's car with their dresses. Jess drives them on to the restaurant. They wait for as long as they can for Bella but then all three of them grow hungry and go ahead and order. Noah gets a family sized spaghetti for the entire table after Jessica and Angela agree to the meal of choice.
                  "I wonder where Bella is," Noah says as the girls leave the restaurant. "She totally ditched us."
                   Angela nods forward and she turns, seeing Bella approaching them.
                  "Where were you!?" Noah asks scoldingly. "We left you a message."
                 "We waited," Jessica claims, "but we were starving..."
                Jessica is stopped from speaking any further when Edward gets out of his Volvo from behind Bella. Noah sighs as the man walks forward.
               "I'm sorry I kept Bella from dinner," Edward claims. "We ran into each other and got to talking."
                 Jessica is absolutely flabbergasted. "I - we - understand. We were just... leaving, so..."
                 "Okay, well, thank you."
                 Edward watches her, torn. "Maybe I should make sure Bella gets something to eat...." he turns to look at Bella. "If you'd like. Then I could drive you back myself."
                "That's so.... thoughtful," Angela mutters.
                 Noah eyes Edward suspiciously. "Really thoughtful."
                 Bella gives Noah a look before she looks at Edward. "I could eat."
+++-+++

                 Super strength, very fast. Ice cold skin. Being unable to walk in the sun. Noah types these different traits into her brand new laptop Renee sent with her when she left Phoenix. She scrolls through the page and she finds a link that looks almost, ALMOST promising.
                Noah moves her finger across the mouse pad and she clicks on the promising link. While chewing on her bottom lip, the blue eyed brunette scrolls through the site and she notices that the word vampire sticks out a lot, and it is throughout the reading a lot.
               "This is impossible," Noah whispers. "Vampires aren't real." 
                She gets a Skype call, and she almost screams. It's Emmett. She inhales and exhales a couple times before answering.
               "Hey, Emmett," Noah greets with a shaky voice, she clears her throat. "Can... um... i..."
               "Noah, slow down," Emmett urges as he sits in the kitchen of the Cullen house. "Now what is it?" He asks as Noah calms down.
               "Can you come over?" Noah asks. "It's just me here, and we need to have a very important chat, Emmett." 
              Emmett grows concern. "I'll be right over."
              Emmett didn't know what to expect, but he didn't expect what he saw on Noah's computer. She knows about vampires. Emmett sits in Noah's window seat and buries his face in his hands while Noah waits for him to begin explaining. After a while, Emmett moves and he sits beside Noah before he begins explaining vampires and the Cullens to her.