1 • i was busy thinkin bout

reece woke up this morning to the bright screen of his phone. he smiled as he looked at it.

𝟭 𝘂𝗻𝗿𝗲𝗮𝗱 𝗺𝗲𝘀𝘀𝗮𝗴𝗲 𝗳𝗿𝗼𝗺 𝗕𝗹𝗮𝗸𝗲

reece quickly locked his phone as he heard his mother open his door. "reece! get up! you're gonna be late for school!" he rolled out of bed and began getting ready.

making his way downstairs, he checks his unread message.

𝗕𝗹𝗮𝗸e: 𝗀𝗈𝗈𝖽 𝗆𝗈𝗋𝗇𝗂𝗇𝗀❤️

reece smiled as he read the message over. his stomach still filled with butterflies as he replies.

𝖦𝗈𝗈𝖽 𝗆𝗈𝗋𝗇𝗂𝗇𝗀 𝗅𝗈𝗏𝖾❤️ 𝗂'𝗆 𝗈𝖿𝖿 𝗍𝗈 𝗌𝖼𝗁𝗈𝗈𝗅.
𝖨'𝗅𝗅 𝗍𝖾𝗑𝗍 𝗒𝗈𝗎 𝖺𝗍 𝟥

𝗕𝗹𝗮𝗸𝗲: 𝗂 𝗐𝗂𝗌𝗁 𝗒𝗈𝗎 𝗐𝖾𝗋𝖾 𝖺𝗅𝗅𝗈𝗐𝖾𝖽
𝗍𝗈 𝗁𝖺𝗏𝖾 𝗒𝗈𝗎𝗋 𝗉𝗁𝗈𝗇𝖾 𝗍𝗁𝖾𝗋𝖾 :(
𝟩 𝗁𝗈𝗎𝗋𝗌 𝗐𝗂𝗍𝗁𝗈𝗎𝗍 𝗍𝖺𝗅𝗄𝗂𝗇𝗀 𝗍𝗈 𝗒𝗈𝗎 𝗂𝗌 𝗍𝗈𝗈
𝗅𝗈𝗇𝗀

𝖨 𝗉𝗋𝗈𝗆𝗂𝗌𝖾 𝗂𝗍𝗌 𝗇𝗈𝗍 𝗍𝗁𝖺𝗍 𝗅𝗈𝗇𝗀😂 𝗂 𝗀𝗍𝗀❤️

𝗕𝗹𝗮𝗸𝗲: 𝗂 𝗅𝗈𝗏𝖾 𝗒𝗈𝗎

𝖨 𝗅𝗈𝗏𝖾 𝗒𝗈𝗎 𝗍𝗈𝗈

reece slipped his phone into his pocket and began his walk to school. he stared at the ground and slowed his pace as he heard footsteps behind him.

"hey, reece! what's up?" blake said as he rested his elbow on the slightly shorter boy's shoulder.

"just walking to school. same as you." reece sighed and shrugged blake's elbow off of his shoulder.

"geez, don't get too excited. i wish lily could have her phone in school. that's so dumb." the brunette rambled as he opened the school's door for his best friend.

"blake! reece!" the two boys turned towards the voice of their friend, george. "i've been waiting for like 5 minutes! what took so long? do i need to start setting an alarm for the both of you?" the blonde boy sped through this words like he had them memorized.

reece opened his mouth to reply to george, but the bell rang before he could start his sentence. he rolled his eyes and made his way to his first class of the day. he looked over to his right to see blake focused on whatever he was doing on his phone. enamored with blake, reece failed to realize the taller boy standing straight in front of him with an entertained look on his face.

"so are you gonna let me in my class or..." blake teases the older.

"what?" reece looked around to see that he was blocking blake's path, "oh! i'm sorry i didn't realize!" reece quickly stepped to the side and watched as the other boy laughed and shook his head while walking into his classroom.

two hours later, reece found himself mindlessly  shuffling through the lunch line with a tray in hand. he was usually the last person in line because he couldn't stand so many people crowded around him at once. he felt bad making george wait at the table with blake, as george hated waiting, but the younger blonde never seemed to be bothered by reece's lunch line habits. george often told reece that he would rather wait a couple minutes than for reece to nearly have an anxiety attack. the two younger boys knew from experience to look after the oldest when it came to crowds.

as reece made his way to his table he, once again, saw blake engrossed in his phone. probably texting lily.

reece pulled out his phone when he sat down and, sure enough, blake was texting lily. the messages quickly flooded into reece's phone.

𝗕𝗹𝗮𝗸𝗲: 𝗂 𝗄𝗇𝗈𝗐 𝗒𝗈𝗎 𝖼𝖺𝗇𝗍 𝗍𝖺𝗅𝗄 𝗋𝗇
𝖻𝗎𝗍 𝗉𝗅𝗌 𝗆𝖾𝗌𝗌𝖺𝗀𝖾 𝗆𝖾 𝖻𝖺𝖼𝗄 𝗐𝗁𝖾𝗇 𝗒𝗈𝗎
𝗀𝖾𝗍 𝗍𝗁𝖾 𝖼𝗁𝖺𝗇𝖼𝖾

𝗕𝗹𝗮𝗸𝗲: 𝗂𝖽𝗄 𝗐𝗁𝗒 𝖻𝗎𝗍 𝗂'𝗏𝖾 𝗃𝗎𝗌𝗍 𝖻𝖾𝖾𝗇
𝖿𝖾𝖾𝗅𝗂𝗇𝗀 𝗄𝗂𝗇𝖽 𝗈𝖿 𝗌𝖺𝖽 𝗍𝗈𝖽𝖺𝗒 𝖿𝗈𝗋 𝗇𝗈
𝗋𝖾𝖺𝗌𝗈𝗇

𝗕𝗹𝗮𝗸𝗲: 𝖼𝖺𝗇 𝗂 𝖼𝖺𝗅𝗅 𝗒𝗈𝗎 𝗅𝖺𝗍𝖾𝗋? 𝗂
𝗄𝗇𝗈𝗐 𝗒𝗈𝗎 𝗌𝖺𝗂𝖽 𝗒𝗈𝗎𝗋 𝗆𝗂𝖼𝗋𝗈𝗉𝗁𝗈𝗇𝖾
𝗂𝗌 𝖻𝗋𝗈𝗄𝖾𝗇 𝖻𝗎𝗍 𝗍𝗁𝖾𝗋𝖾𝗌 𝖺 𝖼𝗁𝖺𝗇𝖼𝖾 𝗂𝗍
𝖼𝗈𝗎𝗅𝖽 𝗐𝗈𝗋𝗄?😂

reece read the messages and sighed. he knew it was wrong to pretend to be a girl so he could date his best friend, but the last thing he wants is to lose blake as a friend after confessing his true feelings. blake and "lily" had been dating for almost three months and although reece obviously loved talking to blake romantically, it felt like a bullet through his heart when he remembered that blake doesn't say "i love you" to him; he says it to lily.

"earth to reece!" reece had zoned out thinking about blake (again) and now george had an annoyed look on his face.

"what? sorry i was daydreaming." reece mumbled as he tuned back in to the real world.

"yeah we know. we should go to the movies tonight. i don't know what to see though. a lot of these look good." the younger blonde announced to his two friends. the boys discussed movies which eventually led to a conversation about snack foods which went on until the bell rang.

the rest of the day dragged on, as reece didn't have any classes with his friends besides lunch. every now and then he would check lily's instagram for any messages blake sent to her, or just to read over previous messages. reece was planning on inviting blake over to his house after the movie because he wants to make sure blake feels alright after the younger boy said he was sad earlier today.

the final bell rang and reece caught up to blake.

"hey, reece. you excited for the movie tonight?" blake asked while bumping his shoulder into the older boy's.

"yeah, i was actually wondering if you'd want to stay over at my house tonight. its fine if you don't want to-" blake cut him off, putting his arm around reece.

"sure i do! i'll just come back to yours after the movie. i'll see you then" the brunette said as he and the blonde parted ways down the street.

reece walked the rest of the way to his home with a little more pep in his step, he had a lot to look forward to today, aswell as a long night with blake ahead of him.

well that's the first chapter lol sorry if it sucks, i haven't written serious fanfiction in forever. i'm gonna try to update as frequently as possible so yeah that's fun. but anyway, vote and add to ur library if you liked it!