2 • i want to hold your hand

reece reread blake's messages from today, thinking of possible responses. he stared at the last message.

𝗕𝗹𝗮𝗸𝗲: 𝖼𝖺𝗇 𝗂 𝖼𝖺𝗅𝗅 𝗒𝗈𝗎 𝗅𝖺𝗍𝖾𝗋? 𝗂
𝗄𝗇𝗈𝗐 𝗒𝗈𝗎 𝗌𝖺𝗂𝖽 𝗒𝗈𝗎𝗋 𝗆𝗂𝖼𝗋𝗈𝗉𝗁𝗈𝗇𝖾
𝗂𝗌 𝖻𝗋𝗈𝗄𝖾𝗇 𝖻𝗎𝗍 𝗍𝗁𝖾𝗋𝖾𝗌 𝖺 𝖼𝗁𝖺𝗇𝖼𝖾 𝗂𝗍
𝖼𝗈𝗎𝗅𝖽 𝗐𝗈𝗋𝗄?😂

that's what reece, or "lily", always told him. 'my microphone's broken, sorry.' it was just another lie he added onto the many others that made up lily and blake's relationship.

𝖸𝖾𝖺𝗁 𝗂𝗍𝗌 𝗌𝗍𝗂𝗅𝗅 𝖻𝗋𝗈𝗄𝖾𝗇😔 𝖽𝗈 𝗒𝗈𝗎
𝗌𝗍𝗂𝗅𝗅 𝖿𝖾𝖾𝗅 𝗌𝖺𝖽? 𝖨 𝗐𝗂𝗌𝗁 𝗂 𝖼𝗈𝗎𝗅𝖽 𝖼𝗁𝖾𝖾𝗋 𝗒𝗈𝗎 𝗎𝗉

𝗕𝗹𝗮𝗸𝗲: 𝗂 𝖿𝖾𝖾𝗅 𝖺 𝗅𝗂𝗍𝗍𝗅𝖾 𝖻𝖾𝗍𝗍𝖾𝗋
𝗇𝗈𝗐 :) 𝗂'𝗆 𝗀𝗈𝗂𝗇𝗀 𝗍𝗈 𝗌𝖾𝖾 𝖺 𝗆𝗈𝗏𝗂𝖾
𝗐𝗂𝗍𝗁 𝗋𝖾𝖾𝖼𝖾 𝖺𝗇𝖽 𝗀𝖾𝗈𝗋𝗀𝖾 𝗅𝖺𝗍𝖾𝗋 𝗌𝗈
𝗍𝗁𝖺𝗍𝗌 𝖼𝗈𝗈𝗅

reece smiled at the mention of their plans. before he could reply to the younger boy, another text rolled in.

𝗕𝗹𝗮𝗸𝗲: 𝖼𝖺𝗇 𝗂 𝗍𝖾𝗅𝗅 𝗎 𝗌𝗈𝗆𝖾𝗍𝗁𝗂𝗇𝗀

𝖮𝖿 𝖼𝗈𝗎𝗋𝗌𝖾

𝗕𝗹𝗮𝗸𝗲: 𝗂 𝗍𝗋𝗎𝗌𝗍 𝗒𝗈𝗎 𝗆𝗈𝗋𝖾 𝗍𝗁𝖺𝗇
𝗆𝗒 𝖻𝖾𝗌𝗍𝖿𝗋𝗂𝖾𝗇𝖽𝗌. 𝗂 𝖿𝖾𝖾𝗅 𝗅𝗂𝗄𝖾 𝗂 𝖼𝗈𝗎𝗅𝖽
𝗍𝖾𝗅𝗅 𝗒𝗈𝗎 𝖺𝗇𝗒𝗍𝗁𝗂𝗇𝗀

reece dropped his phone onto his bed as the butterflies in his stomach turned into jealousy. why does blake trust some random girl on the internet more than his own best friends?! he a decided he wouldn't reply. at least not for now. instead he decided to take a nap before he leaves for the movies in an hour.

1 hour later

"reece... reeceyyy..."

"wha- stop poking my face!" reece said as he opened his eyes to see his brunette crush hovering over him. "what do you want, blake"

"umm do you not remember? we're going to see a movie with george and we need to leave in..." blake checked his watch, "two minutes. rise and shine."

reece groaned and sat up in his bed. "you look good. is your girlfriend coming or something?" he asked tiredly.

"no, she's not, i just decided to put a little effort into how i look. no particular reason. thanks though." blake said, smiling and playing with the sleeves of his jumper. little did he know. "i guess we should go now, george is going to be pissed." the brunette stood up and held out his hand.

reece looked at him, confused. "um, do you want me to..."

"hold my hand? yeah!" blake affirmed and took reece's hand in his. "let's goooo!" he said, dragging the blond out of his room.

the two walked to the theater hand in hand. the walk was short since reece's house was close to pretty much everything in town. reece's heart was racing and he tried his best to hide his blushing cheeks. how embarrassing would it be to have blake see him like this? the blushing boy decided to try and start a conversation to take his mind off of his and blake's intertwined fingers.

"so how's lily?" reece asked blake.

"she's great! we were actually just talking on the phone before i picked you up. yeah, she's really great." blake lied effortlessly. "do you have a girl you have your eye on?"

"uh, i guess you could say that. there's the theater!" reece said as he began to feel awkward in the conversation. he let go of his crush's hand and walked up to george who was standing outside of the building.

"you're only 2 minutes late! congratulations!" george teased his friends.

"hey, we would have been here a lot sooner but someone was asleep." blake said while nudging reece in his side. reece smiled and nudged him back

"well, we should have enough time to get snacks and good seats if we hurry." the short blond ushered the other boys inside.

after getting popcorn, sodas, and candy, the three boys made their way to their seats. george sat in the middle, reece sat on his left, and blake on the right. way to ruin the love, george.

"george, the previews haven't even started yet. how on earth were we late?" reece asked.

"i wanted to make sure i could see the previews." george said and flicked a piece of popcorn at the green eyed boy.

"throw as much popcorn as you want! more for me!" reece said and ate his new shnack.

"g, the previews." blake said directing his friend's attention to the screen. blake pulled out his phone and turned the brightness down. he stared at his last message to lily.

𝗕𝗹𝗮𝗸𝗲: 𝗂 𝗍𝗋𝗎𝗌𝗍 𝗒𝗈𝗎 𝗆𝗈𝗋𝖾 𝗍𝗁𝖺𝗇
𝗆𝗒 𝖻𝖾𝗌𝗍𝖿𝗋𝗂𝖾𝗇𝖽𝗌. 𝗂 𝖿𝖾𝖾𝗅 𝗅𝗂𝗄𝖾 𝗂 𝖼𝗈𝗎𝗅𝖽
𝗍𝖾𝗅𝗅 𝗒𝗈𝗎 𝖺𝗇𝗒𝗍𝗁𝗂𝗇𝗀

why didn't she reply? did that make her uncomfortable? does she not feel the same way? he decided to text her again.

𝗕𝗹𝗮𝗸𝗲: 𝗁𝖾𝗒 𝗌𝗈𝗋𝗋𝗒 𝗂𝖿 𝗂 𝗆𝖺𝖽𝖾 𝗒𝗈𝗎
𝗎𝗇𝖼𝗈𝗆𝖿𝗈𝗋𝗍𝖺𝖻𝗅𝖾 𝗍𝖾𝗅𝗅𝗂𝗇𝗀 𝗒𝗈𝗎 𝗍𝗁𝖺𝗍

blake looked at the message he just sent. he sighed and immediately tapped 'unsend'.

"blake, put your phone up! the movie is starting!" george whisper-yelled at him. he then looked to the screen and tried his best to focus on the film in front of him.

and hour and a half later the boys filed out of the theater, stretching from sitting for so long. blake and reece waved to george and made their way back to reece's

after a couple minutes of walking in peace, blake broke the silence. "i'm going to try to meet lily."