3 • fruit loops remind me of you

"i'm going to try to meet lily." blake said, nonchalantly as they walked up reece's front steps. the blond's head shot up.

"why? i mean, she seems great and all, but haven't you seen that show, catfish? she could be anyone. not saying that she is, but you never know." he rambled. blake stared at reece with an unreadable expression. reece moved past blake and into his house without making eye contact with him.

"i don't get you reece," blake flopped onto the couch, "one minute you want to know all about lily and then the second i suggest meeting her you get all weird."

"i just don't want you getting hurt whe- if she's not who she said she is." reece sighed.

"just don't worry about it, bibbs"

'if only you knew how much i had to worry about it.' reece thought. "what time is it?" the nervous boy questioned, steering away from the topic of lily.

"11:43, why" blake answered

"i want to go to bed. do you?" reece said, slowly backing up the stairs. the brunet complied and followed the older boy to his room.

-

"i didn't bring anything to sleep in!" blake exclaimed, swinging reece's closet door open. "give me something to sleep in now or i'm suing you." he whined.

"hey, you're the one in the closet." reece defended. blake raised an eyebrow and bit back laughter. "uh- i meant, like, in front of it. in front of the closet. forget i even said anything."

"i'm gonna wear these." blake held up a pair of black sweatpants, still trying not to laugh.

"ok." reece mumbled and walked out of the room to change into his pajamas in the bathroom.

he sat on the side of the tub and pulled his phone out.

𝗕𝗹𝗮𝗸𝗲: 𝗂 𝗍𝗋𝗎𝗌𝗍 𝗒𝗈𝗎 𝗆𝗈𝗋𝖾 𝗍𝗁𝖺𝗇
𝗂 𝗍𝗋𝗎𝗌𝗍 𝗆𝗒 𝖻𝖾𝗌𝗍𝖿𝗋𝗂𝖾𝗇𝖽𝗌. 𝗂 𝖿𝖾𝖾𝗅 𝗅𝗂𝗄𝖾 𝗂 𝖼𝗈𝗎𝗅𝖽
𝗍𝖾𝗅𝗅 𝗒𝗈𝗎 𝖺𝗇𝗒𝗍𝗁𝗂𝗇𝗀

reece still hadn't texted blake back. he didn't know how to respond, but he didn't want to leave him on read any longer.

𝖨 𝗍𝗋𝗎𝗌𝗍 𝗒𝗈𝗎 𝗍𝗈𝗈.❤️

reece looked at the message and decided that lily was tired, too.

𝖨𝗆 𝗀𝗈𝗂𝗇𝗀 𝗍𝗈 𝗌𝗅𝖾𝖾𝗉. 𝖳𝖺𝗅𝗄 𝗍𝗈
𝗒𝗈𝗎 𝗍𝗈𝗆𝗈𝗋𝗋𝗈𝗐 𝗂𝗅𝗒

after he put his pajamas on, he turned his phone off in case blake texted back. it wouldn't be good if blake saw his text to lily on reece's notification bar.

"i'm sleeping in your bed, so try not to snore in my ear." blake joked as reece walked back into the room.

"i don't snore and you know it." reece rolled his eyes and hit blake with his pillow. "get the lamp."

the boys fell asleep shoulder to shoulder and dreamt of- idk reece probably dreamt about blake or something. and reece's dream about blake must have been pretty good because when he woke the next morning, he was cuddled into blake's side.

"good morning." blake said, which startled reece, who thought the brunet was asleep.

"good morning. sorry about sleeping on you." reece mumbled and rolled over to his side of the bed.

"it's fine. you're actually quite comfortable." blake chuckled.

reece turned his face toward his window so his crush couldn't see the red tint appearing on his cheeks. "well, um, do you want to get breakfast."

-

"did you actually pour your milk before you cereal just now?" reece said in disbelief.

"yes, i did. don't start with me!" blake sassed and poured his fruit loops. [ ;) ]

"oh, i will! who in their right mind pours milk before cereal?" the blond dramatically put his hand on his heart.

"if you can't accept me and my cereal habits, then i'll leave!" blake turned his head up and walked out of the kitchen, leaving reece laughing his sides off.

"you can come back now! i'm not mad anymore." the laughing boy called to his friend.

on cue, blake waltzed back in. "thank god, i'm starving."

the pair sat at the dining table and ate their breakfast in a comfortable silence until blake spoke up with a very interesting statement.

"fruit loops remind me of you." reece's head shot up. why did he say that? does blake know reece is gay? what other reason could it possibly be?

"what?" reece timidly spoke.

"you're both sweet and crunchy!" blake exclaimed with a grin on his face.

"what the hell does that mean?" the fruit loop boy said, furrowing his eyebrows.

"i'm not sure. what reminds you of me?" asked blake, leaning back in his chair.

"um, probably... i don't know." liar. plenty of things reminded reece of the brown eyed boy sitting across from him: puppies, vanilla, roses, christmas, too many songs to count. but reece wouldn't tell him, in fear of blake finding out his true feelings.

"oh. i guess that's fair, it was kind of a weird question. i should probably head home now, i'm supposed to be back at noon." and with that, blake left in reece's pajamas.

i really love this chapter🥺 also i'm thinking of making a playlist for the story, would y'all listen to it?

❤️vote • comment • give feedback❤️