Chapter 7 | Ahiru-chan

🏐🏐Chapter 7🏐🏐

Word count: 6.6 k

🏐🏐THIRD PERSON P.O.V.🏐🏐

"Aki-senpai, he won't stop staring this way," Kageyama stated matter-of-factly as he and the team gathered together, thanking Shimizu as she handed out water bottles.

Chiaki has a faraway look in her grey eyes, life seemed to be drained out of her. "I know, Tobi-kun. If looks could kill, I'll be dead by now," she grumbles. Eventually, she breathes out all the anxiety in her chest, deciding it would be better to not think about it for now.

But she doesn't dare to look over, not wanting there to be the chance where she might make eye contact with Iwaizumi. Instead, she grips onto Sugawara and Kageyama's hands, squeezing them tight.

"Hinata," the ginger blinks at the soft voice that calls out his name, his excited gaze shifting to their team medic who stands beside Kageyama and Sugawara. Chiaki lets go of her friend's hands as she kneels in front of the boy, pointing to his feet.

"?" Hinata cocks his head to the side in confusion and lifts his feet up when the older female motions him to do so.

What no one expects is for her to slip his shoe off, holding his sock covered feet.

"Wha-?!" Hinata breaks out in panic, "A-Aki-senpai! It's dirty and sweaty don't--"

Chiaki paid no mind as she presses her thumb into the sole of his feet, making Hinata freeze up, a sharp pained gasp leaving his lips. "Owwwwww! Ouchhh! Owwww!" He yelps, crumbling to the floor and trying to pull away from Chiaki.

The said girl shows no mercy, having a firm grip on Hinata's leg while he wiggled. "When you jump, land off here, it'll probably help you make higher jumps," Chiaki silently explains, pressing onto the part once more, leaving Hinata panting with tears in his eyes in slight pain. He's almost lifeless as the silver-haired female does the same to the other foot.

However, when Hinata climbs back onto his feet, beads of sweat on his cheek, a look of surprise spreads on his face, bouncing a bit on the sole of his feet, "eh?! I feel lighter!"

Chiaki smiles at that before wiping her hand on a clean wet towel. But Kageyama, who gets irritated by the shorter boy's excitement, smacks him on the head. "Stop wasting your energy, bōke! And-" the boy pauses, a look of seriousness flashing in his eyes, catching all of their attention, "don't let your guard down. I'm not entirely sure, but the setter over there probably isn't their regular."

Chiaki releases a quiet hum, nodding, "Tobi-kun is right. I don't see him around right now, but their regular setter isn't playing," she says, thinking about the caramel brown-haired setter. Thinking about him leaves a slightly unpleasant flavor in her mouth, seeing as their relationship was pretty strained in the past.

Hearing Chiaki and Kageyama's words, a look of unease and surprise flashes in the Karasuno teams' eyes before a whistle is blown, signifying the resume of the practice match.

Just as the whistle is blown, the piercing screams of girls echo through the gym, Chiaki flinching at the familiar sound. Her face scrunched up in distaste, her eyes automatically moving to the door to see a familiar male step in.

"Looks like their main setter finally showed up," she whispers. Hearing her words, Sugawara follows her gaze to see the male she stared at. Chiaki could see Kageyama stiffen at the presence of Oikawa.

"Do you know him, Aki-chan?" The silver-haired male questioned the female beside him, Chiaki nodding as she adjusted the face mask she wore, keeping it on although her identity was probably already found out by Iwaizumi.