00 | im stuck in the moonlight

NO THOUGHTS RUN through my head.

yet at the same time, all i can do is think and think and think. but that's how it is every night. tonight was no different than any other. i'm at the same spot as i always am, it's the same time we always meet, and i hold the same type of flower in my hand.

i take a smell of the purple rose in my hand. it smells amazing, as it always does. the color almost reflects around the room, making the entirety just shine purple. it makes the moonlight look beautifully purple. i let myself drown in the color.

the rose looks beautiful. of course it does. it's my favorite, after all. each and every petal holds its own color and feeling. there's no way to describe it, truthfully. all i know is that it's absolutely breathtaking.

there's nothing better to do than examine this flower. as i do every night. i always arrive here early, though it's not as if i mind. i'd much rather be early than late. as i sit in wait, all i can do is admire this beautiful flower and the moonlight that shines into the room.

"angel?"

i turn my head to see who the familiar voice belongs to. and it was exactly who i thought.

"you're here," i state the obvious as they walk towards me.

"of course i am, angel. aren't i every night?" they smiled, now standing right in front of me, leaning over so that we are eye level with each other.

i bit my lip to prevent myself from crashing my lips onto theirs. it was quite tempting, you know? either way, i just let out a whisper, "let's go into the room already. i don't want someone to see us,"

"have they ever?"

"but there's a first for everything,"

"alright," they stood up straight, reaching a hand out to lift me from my seat. they then whisper, "i cant wait any longer, love,"

i take his hand without hesitation, staring into their eyes as i do so, "i can't either,"

they lead me to the door i was sitting outside of. it was a classroom, to be exact. i silently thanked everything on earth that their father worked at the college. if he didn't, my lover and i would never be able see each other- at least not like this.

when we enter and the door is thoroughly closed, i hand them the rose. they chuckle as they take it, "you know that you don't have to keep giving me these, right?"

"but i enjoy giving them to you. it's like i give you a piece of myself every time we meet,"

"i just feel bad that you keep giving me these but i haven't gotten you anything," they set the rose gently on the desk they decided to sit on.

"that's a lie! you got me those earrings i wanted for my birthday!"

"but that was because it was your birthday. i had to get you something. everyone got you something,"

"trust me, love," i take their hands in mine, looking into their eyes- though they tried to avoid my gaze, "i don't need you to gift me anything. your love is more than enough. and i treasure that more than i could treasure anything you give me,"

"angel,"

"i love you, okay? and i always will,"

"i love you too,"

they say as they lean in to kiss me. and i let them.

the moonlight shines through the windows as their gentle hands hold my face as if it's the most fragile thing in the world. i'm intoxicated by the feeling of their lips on mine, by how his fingertips felt like fire against my face. i didn't mind this feeling, though.

this was the feeling of love. and i love him.

i love choi seungcheol.