Epilogue

Epilogue.

Her experience in France was more than she expected, she visited castles and interviewed the most interesting historians; John visited once, and Deena and Mina also went to see her, that made her feel better, even her mother's calls were encouraging. Once she returned she applied for job in another magazine, but this time it was at the V&A museum, a cultural magazine. Fortunately, the woman who interviewed her was more than 60 years old and had no idea who the Beatles were, so she didn't have to use a fake name. She started working and that assured her stay in London.

The Beatles had their busiest year ahead, and a lot of touring, she didn't see them often, although John made sure to always call her, every time he did he was encouraged by the others to get her as a girlfriend, but he was scared and didn't want to ruin any possible relationship he could build. He didn't get to see her for at least two months, he felt so bad when he had to celebrate his birthday in Liverpool and wasn't able to invite her, because of her work; since that October he tried to call her less and avoided visiting her, he had in his mind that she had to let her free... and if she started to see other men , he certainly didn't want to know a thing.

They toured and conquered America, John did call her from there...but because he had other thing to celebrate, her book had just came out for the holidays, they cleverly added another name instead of hers, so everyone were wondering if that was the author the article was talking about, that made the sales skyrocket. 

He was scolded by the others because they intended to call their family but John was busy talking with her, and this time it didn't last the hour it always did, but more than three hours.

Next year, 1964,  the months of February and March passed, the calls were less frequent and she didn't talk nor see any of them during April nor May, she only received two letters, and she was flattered when John informed her that Paul was writing a song using her name.

One day she was invited for a party, it was at one of the curators of a museum exhibition.

"Michelle is also going to start teaching this summer some courses for the kids, it must be really interesting," Mrs. Connor, her boss, informed some of the guests.

She only blushed.

"That is a brilliant idea," one guest said, "instead of listening to those pop songs all day, some culture and history during this summer will save their brains. I mean take a look at those Beatle guys, those Liverpudlian boys are in no way teaching the new generation something valuable."

"I have to disagree," she strongly said, regretting a bit the courage that overtook her, "they don't come from a wealthy or influential background, and still they managed to save this country."

"Harold Wilson is saving this country," he said in a humored way, making the others laugh.

"Sure, but those young men are teaching at least that art is important, no matter where you come from."

Her boss looked at her admiringly, "And that is exactly the message those children will learn during their summer course." She agreed

It was almost midnight she returned home by cab, as she paid the driver she heard "Eight Days a Week" playing on a car that was parked across her street, she smiled to herself, as the cab driver left, she turned to see the car parked and she recognised the silhouette; Michelle doubted for a second but then he honked, and she knew it was John. She crossed the street and saw him move from the driver's seat to the passenger one.

She entered and sat, "Hello stranger, were you waiting for me?"

"No, I'm waiting for your neighbor," he pointed at an old lady that was returning to her house.