round 3

Iwasuga
lots-of-leg

"I finally did it." Sugawara had asked Iwaizumi to meet him at the park, and he had very important news. "I ended things with Daichi. Now, if you're up for it, we could go out sometime?"

Suga had already confessed to Iwaizumi weeks prior, however he was still in a relationship at the time. Of course, they both knew it would be wrong to be together, so they decided to disregard the information until Suga figured out who he really wanted. Unfortunately, Iwaizumi still hadn't figured it all out for himself.

He had always been fond of his friend, Oikawa, but it wasn't until recently Iwaizumi discovered his true feelings towards him. He never expected Oikawa to feel the same, so it never dawned on him to confess. That was until he was met with someone confessing to him. Sugawara, in fact.

The more Iwaizumi thought about it, the more confused he became. On one had, he still wasn't over Oikawa, but on the other hand, why would he give up the opportunity to be with such an angel like Suga?

"Hajime, what do you think?" Sugawara's soft voice was calming enough for Iwaizumi to return to reality. He needed to make a decision, preferably soon. "I- I'm not sure what to say. I think I would like to go out with you, but I don't know how I feel about anyone at the moment."

And at that second, Suga's heart gained another crack. If he didn't find away to make the hurt stop it would surely shatter. The poor boy had already been through so much, like realizing his feelings for Iwaizumi, confessing and then breaking up with Daichi for his crush as well.

He didn't know how to react to Iwaizumi, and ultimately didn't understand. Why couldn't they just be together? Things would finally be perfect, if only he liked him back.

The two boys stood in silence, both of them unaware of what to do, not wanting to say anything they would soon regret.

"Well," Iwaizumi was the first to speak up. "I suggest we go home and think about it all. I need to sort stuff out myself and it's not healthy for you to jump right into a relationship so early anyway. I hope you understand my reasoning."

It hurt, but Sugawara did understand. He knew that he couldn't change Iwaizumi's mind and that there was only one option. Suga nodded his head, trying to keep all of his tears inside. There was no use in crying, there was nothing he could do. "I agree. So, I guess I'll see you later then?" Iwaizumi softly smiled and waved before turning away. And just like that, Sugawara was finally alone and able to release everything.

He sat on a bench and placed his head in his hands, upset with his own emotions. Why couldn't he just find someone to be happy with? Suga's silent tears fell to the ground, making little dots on the concrete. The boy had no motivation to do anything, but knew he needed to get home soon, as it was already getting dark.

Iwaizumi was already nearby his home, but he still had no idea what to do. He wanted to give both Oikawa and Sugawara a chance but that could never happen. It was one or the other. He knew if he thought about it any longer he would go insane, so when Iwaizumi got home he flopped onto his bed and fell asleep. Not the best method of dealing with problems, but it would work for now.

Weeks passed. The two boys talked often, but only unimportant small chat. Iwaizumi found himself admiring Oikawa often, only complicating his mind. He really did like Suga, but Oikawa was stuck in his head like a stain on a shirt. The more he thought about it all, the more he didn't know what to do. It wasn't until he found out that Iwaizumi knew what to do. He found out about Oikawa's new girlfriend.

"I want you to meet Ashley. Iwa-chan, Ashley. Ashley, Iwa-chan." Oikawa introduced the two with only good intentions, not knowing how much it pained his best friend. The three of them stood awkwardly, not sure of what to make of the situation. "Well, its nice to meet you, Iwa-chan." He nodded before responding, "Same here, but it's Iwaizumi." Her eyes widened and she made sure to apologize and correct herself. Iwaizumi dismissed it, telling her that it was fine.

It was not fine, none of this was fine. Iwaizumi was screaming inside his mind, cursing everything and anything, but he couldn't actually do anything. Instead he put on a smile and welcomed this stranger into his circle. The circle that normally only consisted of him and Oikawa. He had nothing against Ashley, he didn't have anything against anyone really, it was just unfair and heartbreaking for Iwaizumi.

It took a minute, but he knew that he needed to at least try and let go of his feelings for Oikawa. So that night, Iwaizumi texted Sugawara, asking him to officially go out with him. Of course, he said yes, but something was still off with the both of them. Iwaizumi still needed to move on, and Suga felt guilty for dragging the others around him while he discovered what he wanted.

It would be awhile before the boys were completely happy with each other, but this was a good start. They went on many dates, becoming closer to each other every day. Iwaizumi and Sugawara were no where near the perfect couple, but they made do with what they had. And as long as they were both happy, it didn't matter.

•••
word count~ 954

this is terrible, I know. but this was so hard since I ship them both with other people lol. the ship might grow on me tho, idk. :)))