𝖝𝖑𝖎. This Ends in Heartbreak

Kathryn didn't feel any better in the morning, unsurprisingly

Kathryn didn't feel any better in the morning, unsurprisingly. At least her mother can't be bailed out because she's in for murder, but still. It's hard to wrap her head around the fact that she's in for the murder of her father. There's no normal after this.

Neither is there after your best friend is also wanted for murder, but this time for one he didn't commit. Last night, before they went to sleep at the Wreck, it was decided – or more so realised – that John B would have to leave the island. At least until they clear his name.

They had been going through the motion for so long now, Kathryn didn't even realise that it would be the end goal. But getting the Phantom and everything, that's the point, isn't it? To get him far from this island enough so that he can leave. Be safe. Away from her.

He'll have Sarah with him. She trusts that out of the two, she has enough brain cells to keep them alive. At least, she hopes so. He won't be alone, she can tell herself that to make breathing a little bit easier. Still...

Besides, it's not like she's going to be okay by staying on the island herself. Ward is Caroline's best friend. If he knows that she put her in jail, chances are he might come for her. After almost sending Rafe to jail himself, clearly Ward should have a vendetta against her. If he doesn't, well, it makes no sense that he'd be friends with her mother.

Maybe she should leave too, she realises as she looks up at the ceiling. Make sure that John B knows what he's doing, give him some support. He'd have Sarah, yes, but if she wants to keep him safe she'd have to come. To make sure.

She convinced herself that this is the right choice. She has to keep John B safe. She wasn't able to keep Max safe, she wasn't there when Big John went missing, this is just making it up to him, to herself.

But does she have the guts to tell the Pogues? To tell JJ? She has to convince herself of that too, for her best friend's sake.

So, she stands up from where she was lying, and walks over to JJ, busy staring out in the distance from the Wreck's terrace. His brows are furrowed. He's worried.

She leans against the beam in front of him, crossing her arms. "You okay?" she asks softly.

He shakes his head, biting the inside of his cheek. "He's pinched for sure," he tells her, speaking about John B.