#Lei

...Era stramba.

Adorava gli animali, non poteva neanche solo immaginare di vederne soffrire uno.
Provava ribrezzo, invece, per la maggior parte degli esseri umani. Avrebbe potuto, tranquillamente, vivere senza nessuno di loro. Le piaceva, infatti, rifugiarsi nel suo mondo mentale: le bastava salire sulla navicella inter mundis, a carburante musicale, e poteva sparire per ore...

Ma la fregava l'Amore. Quello la fregava sempre. Perché (raramente, ma capitava) se s'innamorava, foss'anche d'un anima, d'una mente, o d'un paio d'occhi umani, ci si gettava a capofitto e annegava, inevitabilmente, in quel mare di romanticismo che, lo sapeva bene, presto le avrebbe chiesto di pagarne, di nuovo, il caro prezzo.

Era fatta così.

---------------------------------------------------------

...She was weird.

She loved animals, she couldn't even imagine seeing one of them suffering.
Instead, she felt disgust for most humans. She could have happily lived without any of them. In fact, she liked to take refuge in her mental world: all she had to do was get on the spaceship inter mundis, musical fuel, and she could disappear for hours...

But she was cheated by Love. That always cheated her. Because (rarely, but it happened) if she fell in love, even if with a soul, a mind, or a pair of human eyes, she threw herself headlong and drowned, inevitably, in that sea of ​​romance that, she knew well, would soon ask her to pay the high price again.

That was her way.