:: thirteen ::

+ chapter thirteen +

//ava//

i walk into the airport, fazed by how many people were running around. i look around hoping to see calum, but i don't. then i feel a tap on my shoulder and turn around.

luke.

"sorry, i forgot to give this to you. it was stuck in the door of the car. love you ava, text me when you land." he smiles and hugs me one last time.

+

i settle into the plastic chair in my gate, exhausted already. the security lady was cranky and i had to get a pat down which took 25 minutes. i fumble through my purse and my hands touch the thin paper. the letter. i open it slowly, and recognize the handwriting as calum's.

dear ava,

i know you're probably gone by now, and i'm sorry i wasn't there to say goodbye. you know i want to. but you also know i wouldn't want you to leave again, and it seems like you're running away from me after what i said that night. i'm sorry if i ruined this for you, ava. i don't want our friendship to end. i'm sorry i'm not there to say goodbye, to hug you before you go-maybe even kiss you if i built up the courage. obviously not because i'm writing you a letter. i feel so old, do people even use the mail anymore? i was going to text this but i decided on a good ol letter. i'm so fucking old.. anyways. ava hemmings i love you and i know you will be a successful model. you're gorgeous, anyone stupid enough not to see it should go get their brain checked. you're astounding. i love you ava, can't wait to see you again.

all the love in the world,

calpal, calculator, ching-cal-chang, calcium, etc. 

and as my eyes linger over the end of the letter my section is called to board, and i walk into the plane with tears in my eyes and thoughts of calum hood in my head, once again.

-

aye babes. i'm excited for the rest of this story omgggggg are you?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?..?!?! the gif is ava reading cal's letter btw.

vote comment & follow . x ol chaps ;*