Chapter 6

R Y U J I N

"She's too beautiful, Ryeong. I swear to god, I'm so gay for her. If you could see her right now you would be totally gay---"

"Hold on, don't include my gender reference. I'm still on my identity crisis."

I chuckled, "Still not believing that you like girls more than guys?"

"Probably, and I'm still thinking if its just because I'm spending too much time with you."

"Now is your time to test it, my friend. Try to mingle with others while I'm not there with you."

"Speaking of that, can you still get out of that house? I mean I'm not saying that I missed you, okay."

I grinned.

"Really, Chaeryeong?"

"Just answer the goddamn question."

I snickered, "So spicy. Anyway, to answer your question, maybe I could. Weekend is coming, I have to visit Mr. Son's house."

"And you will leave the girl alone?"

I was frozen.

It wouldn't be so rude of me, right? I mean, I guess she can handle herself.

"Maybe." I answered instead.

"I guess you should think about it. Anyway, I have to drop this call, my break time is over."

"Sure, sure. I'll call you the soonest, Ryeong."

"I'll look forward to that. Bye." And she ended the call. I sighed as I flopped myself onto my bed.

It's been four days since I moved here, can you believe it? I managed to not act gay in front of her. I think that's an achievement.

Everytime I see her, I always remember the serious face and tone of Hyunjin's, it's invading my mind over and over.

"Don't fall for her, okay?"

Shit, how could I not?

This is definitely just an attraction, right? I admit, she's beautiful. Really, really beautiful. A flirty gay like me obviously had a hard time keeping the greasy personality. I acted natural--well, Not really. But I acted normal, at least.

Though I've been staying with her for four days already, I'd be lying if I say we're getting along.

'Cause we're not. Definitely not.

She's all stiff and shy. She rarely speaks and she always stays in her room. She will just go down if its necessary. She can't even look at me in the eye for a minute. She's having her distance with me.

And it's frustrating for me. I know I'm just a stranger for her but we can't survive the whole summer if we act like this. I wanted to understand her more, to understand everything clearly. I wanted her to be comfortable around me, I wanted to be her friend, at least.

I mean, dating her is cool but I know it's impossible. Besides, Hyunjin will go mad if I do that.

I frowned.