Chapter forty: An Eggcellent experience!

After leaving Professor Sycamore's Pokemon summer camp, our heroes have won the competition and was placed into the hall of fame, and not only that, they were also given the Pokémon egg that was the bonus reward.

Sierra held the egg in her arms close. "Are you guys sure that I should keep the egg? I mean, I'm not the only one that competed.. it doesn't seem fair."

Ash laughed. "Yeah, Sierra! You've definitely earned that Pokémon egg! After all.. If it wasn't for you and Heliolisk and your strategy against Espurr, I don't think we would have won!"

"He's right, Sierra." Clemont added, smiling at her. "We know that you'll take very good care of this egg."

She blushed, holding the egg closer.

"I just can't believe how lucky I am..." She giggled. "If you asked me years ago when I was still being taught the basics of Pokémon... back when I was 11.. if I would be in charge of a Pokémon egg... I wouldn't have believed it.. now.. I'm taking care of one.."

"I've held my first Pokémon egg back when I was 13!" Ash said. "Right buddy? And it was the first time I had ever seen a Togepi!"

"Pika Pikachu!"

Clemont sighed. "A Togepi, hm? Unfortunately, I've never had the honor of Pokémon egg care in all my years as a Pokémon trainer. To be honest, seeing this egg was my first time as well."

Sierra kissed his cheek. "Is that so? Then I guess we can parent this Pokémon egg together!

Clemont became flushed and his face turned red. "O-oh- okay! I-it would be an honor!"

Serena smiled. "It looks like you've grown attached already to this little one! I'm very curious what Pokémon will hatch from it!"

"I think I've got an idea." Ash smiled. "A friend of mine had an egg similar looking to this one."

"Yeah? And what Pokemon came out of it?" Sierra asked, very curious.

He chuckled back. "Well, it wouldn't be a surprise then, would it?"

"Hmph." Sierra pouts. "Alright, fair point."

Bonnie jumped up and down in excitement. "I wanna help take care of it too! I'm almost old enough to be a trainer, you know!"

Clemont chuckled. "We know, Bonnie. Don't worry."

They all continued walking farther away from the campground, they knew they were going to miss being there. But suddenly, two long arms snatched the egg out of Sierra's arms from above.

"Wha-?! Hey!!" She exclaimed, looking upwards to see where the egg was going.

Ash got furious. "Of course it's you guys again!"

They looked up to see that Team Rocket was standing in their Meowth hot air balloon, grinning down at them.

"You thought that we wouldn't grab the opportunity to snatch this beautiful Pokémon egg? Ha! What foolish twerps you are!" James chuckled.

Meowth jumped up so they could see him. "Yeah! Just wait until the boss gets his hands on it!"

Jessie held the egg close in her arms. "Excuse you, but this egg is mine!!"

"Have you lost it, Jess??" Meowth asked. "This egg is a free ticket to a promotion!"

The balloon floated off as they kept arguing. Serena took off first, ahead of everyone as the balloon took off.

"Hurry! We can still catch them!!"

Ash, Bonnie, and Clemont took off behind her, but Clemont turned around to see what was keeping Sierra. He was certainly frightened to see her boiling mad. Her face was red with rage, her eyes were full of tears, and her fists were clenched.