Chapter 14

Dedicated to smiley0160

So, Martha doesn't want to call me and apologize for what she did ehhn? Ore mumbled under her breath. She threw on Dami's t-shirt with a pair of sexy bum short when he texted her that he had arrived and was waiting for her outside. Her angry pacing and frowned face was now replaced with a bright smile.

She missed her baby so much and had been worried sick about him because of the horrible incident that he narrowly escaped from few days ago. She feared for his safety, bodyguards or not, they weren't going to be with him all the time. These disturbing thoughts were running through her mind when she laced her canvas and grabbed her bag.

She walked down the pathway stopping next door to greet her neighbors who were close friends with Mercy. Ore felt bad for accusing her without actually waiting to hear an explanation. Anytime she was angry, it was as if her head wanted to explode if she didn't let it all out.

She waved at Edikan who now raised her head from the harlequin novel she was fully concentrated on. She took off her reading glasses and placed them in a black case. With a broad smile, Edikan gestured for Ore to come inside. Ore had never been in any other room on her block before. It was not because she wanted to be antisocial, she respected people's privacy just enough.

That was why she had issues with someone making use of her things without letting her know or using her to obtain something for their own selfish selves. She wasn't that mad at Martha. On the contrary, she was pissed that her real gee had deemed it fit not to place a call to her at the very least. Edikan gave Ore a side hug and made room for her on the spring bed.

"Nahh," Ore shook her head. "I am rushing off somewhere."

"Hmmm to your boyfriend's place abi?" Edikan snickered. "I am the only one without a boyfriend ooo it seems."

Ore laughed surveying the disarranged room she was in. Clothes were piled up on one bed with hair brushes, make up tools, wig closures and a compact mirror. Different colored bags were hanging from the rusted nails on the wall and the rest bed spaces were in disarray. Except Edikan's. Out of all her roommates, she was the neat one who regularly swept the room and tried to keep everything in order.

But she wasn't always around because her parents were lecturers and they lived in the lecturer's quarters. She mostly went there to stay and came back to the hostel only during weekends.

Ore sighed. "So you don't have friends to visit or any parties to go to?"

Edikan shrugged. "What brings you to my sanctuary," she stated playfully scrutinizing Ore.

"You see," Ore started scratching a mole on her left cheek. "I had a quarrel with Mercy and she stormed off, I need to apologize now before she goes. Do you know where she is?"