Chapter 20

Biana's POV

                 Biana, Tam, and Woltzer decided to check all of the bedrooms. They went into Juline and Kesler's bedroom first, and Biana was checking all the closets. Tam took the bed, and Woltzer stood about a millimeter away from Biana, making sure she would not disappear.

               Kesler had a lot of clothes. Biana suspected it could be because he was a bad match, and while he wouldn't admit it, fancy clothes and smart tunics could be something he wore to feel just a little more...well...she hated to say it, but the only word she could think of was normal.

                  But the Dizznees were one of Biana's favorite families. She liked how they did what they wanted for love, even if it meant their family being discriminated against. It was very romantic.

                 Juline on the other hand, had dresses. Not Biana's type dresses, with lots of frills and lace and pink, but soft, soothing, blues and purples, and very simple. Also, Biana couldn't find any normal tunics. There were pants, of course, but it appeared Juline liked dresses. Just like Edaline, but much simpler.

                 Biana was trying to guess why when she felt a hand on her shoulder. She turned to find Tam looking at her. "Have you found anything yet?" He asked her. Biana looked at the clock and realized how long she had been admiring their clothes instead of looking. She blushed and shook her head. Tam's hand was still on her shoulder, and when he realized, he blushed, which looked very cute.

                  What? No. Bad Biana. Stop thinking like that. We are not here to think about silly boys, she scolded herself. Not that Tam was silly...

                    "What about you?" She questioned. He shook his head in disappointment. "But I haven't checked anything else besides the bed yet, so I'll do that now," he suggested.

                     Biana smiled which made Tam blush, which made her blush. Woltzer cleared his throat and nodded towards the door when they looked up at him. Biana turned to find the retreating figures of Linh and Keefe speeding away, giggling. She rolled her eyes and turned back to the closet, deciding to actually look.

                     She checked all the clothes first, for any sign of dust, jewels, trackers, or even blood. She shivered at the thought of Juline being forcibly taken away, or being wounded. How could the strong, teasing, woman who served them all cinnacreme at their last sleepover be missing? Biana forced her attention back to the closet, reminding herself not to get distracted.

                      She was finishing up with the clothes and about to move on to the shoes, when a cry sounded from another room. Biana and Tam shared a look before racing out of the room, Woltzer hot on their heels.

                        They followed the sound downstairs to see a very red looking Dex with boxes on top of him, smashed onto the carpeted floor. Biana giggled at his expression and helped take the boxes off of him with help from Linh, who had ran towards them at the sound as well.

                     "How did the boxes even get on top of you? Did you crawl under them?" Biana teased. Dex rolled his eyes and blushed again, slowly standing up and brushing himself off.

                     "No, I just forgot that I had moved a little bit around when I was cleaning," he said, and Biana stared at him in disbelief.

                  "A little bit? Dex, I can't recognize the house at all! You'll have to do Fitz's room next," Biana suggested. "It looks like a million gremlins used it as a chewing toy."