Chapter 1

Third person

Mina had just asked Shinsou the dare and Kami felt his heart sink to his stomach, He knew it wouldn't be him, why would it be me? But this last week... he could tell that shin has been acting differently, what if it was? Oh the thought of that just makes his little bi heart flutter~ Wait, why was he looking at him? Was it him?! It can't be him right?? He just looked at him with disbelief.

Shinsou turned to look at him with an expression that read 'of course it's you idiot' and his face flushed red. He couldn't believe this is actually happening! He felt as if he was going to hyperventilate.

Shinsou grabbed the collar of Kaminari's shirt and brought his hand up to his face before ki—

Hi I'm Kaminari Denki and you're probably wondering how I got into this situation, well it all started when I first met Shinsou..

He knew a lot less about me back then..
I had met Shinsou in the beginning of my first year of Highschool before I met the Bakusquad halfway through.

Kaminari's POV
[during flashback]

The teacher was handing our tests back, I was actually somewhat confident about my answers this time, I assumed that I had gotten a good grade then he put the paper down on my desk... I got 57%.. What?!  I flipped through the two double sided pages, I could swear that I got those questions right!? I was confused, what happened? 

The teacher dismissed the class for lunch and I got up, I shoved the paper into my bag before headed out of the classroom, although I heard footsteps behind me I pretended I didn't.

I walked up to my locker, beginning to do the code before getting shoved into it. "What happened? Did the idiot do worse than he thought he would?" The boy spoke. I pulled myself off of the locker, still facing it.

"What were you expecting? You're a dumbass, why would you even think you'd get a good mark?" Another boy spoke before grabbing me by the handle of my backpack before turning me around by it. I continued to look down. why did I even think I would get a good grade? I'm stupid remember..

"What should we do as a punishment?" The blonde haired one asked the other. 

"We could stick him in the locker? Or maybe we could lock him in the supply closet." The two snickered as I looked around for a way out, although, instead of a way out I spotted a purple haired boy walking up to us.

"Leave him alone." I heard him speak up, I never learned his name but I know he's in the other class. What is he even doing?? He's gonna get beat up!

"What are you gonna do? Stop us?" The taller one spoke, but the purple haired boy just smirked and let out a small laugh. 

"As if you can! I bet your quirk is mega lame!" He laughed, but I could tell that they had made a mistake.

"I told you to leave him alone, now go to the principal's office and tell on yourselves." He spoke, and they did, turning around and walking away towards the principal's office. I let out a sigh of relief as they left. He walked up to me with concern on his face. "Are you okay?" He asked, I simply nodded.  "That's good.."  he said before walking away.

"Hey!  Wait!!  Where are you going!?" I asked,  taking a good few steps towards him before stopping in my tracks when he did the same.

"Going to lunch??  Why? Did you think we'd just automatically become friends just because I saved you?"  When he said that I hesitated to speak,  resorting to just looking down slightly.

"I mean... I was kinda hoping for it.." I spoke,  he seemed nice and I wanted to get to know him better,  but of course nothing ever goes well for me.

"Look I'm not here to make friends.  I'm here to go through Highschool,  get good grades, get my Diploma along with hopefully a scholarship,  and leave.  I don't have time for friends."  He spoke,  turning and walking away as I stood there and watched him walk to the cafeteria.  I was disappointed.. I could've made my first friend..

Wait,  why can't I? I asked myself,  realizing that I could just hang out with him anyway,  we don't have to be friends!  Oh my god I'm a genius!!

I quickly went back to my locker and put in the combination for my lock,  opening it before grabbing my lunchbox out of it and putting it in my backpack.  I closed my locker,  putting the lock back on before almost running down the hall towards the Cafeteria.  

When I got inside I looked around for him.  It took a while but I spotted him sitting in a corner table by himself.  I immediately went over to him and sat down.  "I thought I told you I didn't want friends.." he spoke sternly.

"Just because we're not friends doesn't mean we can't sit together."  I said,  taking my bag off my back and putting beside me before taking out my lunchbag and putting it on the table in front of me. 

"Ugh fine...  whatever I'm too tired for this.." He groaned taking out a sandwich from the brown paper bag, unwrapping it from the plastic wrap before taking a bite of it.  

~°♥Positive♥(●'∀`●)♥Vibes♥°~
[Narration by Kami]

This continued on for a month or two,  I usually just told him about my day,  sure he could say that we weren't friends,  but I think he was just saying that despite the fact that he knew we were already friends. 

The first time he laughed just... ugh.. it made my heart melt like,  g o d.

Kaminari's POV at the time:

I had found something really funny that i really wanted to share with Shinsou.  I had practically ran from class to my locker and then to the cafeteria.  "Hey Shinsou!" I spoke,  sitting down at the table across from him,  I had a big grin on my face and he quickly noticed. 

"Hey.. Kaminari?? What's up?"  He spoke in a curious yet concerned tone. 

"I have a really good comeback line that I wanna tell you!"  I spoke,  He could probably almost feel the excitement radiating from me. 

"Okay say it." He said,  ready to listen to whatever I had to say.

"Okay,  this is an A & B conversation,  so C your way out of it,  before D jumps over E and F's you up like a G." I smiled before I began laughing at my own joke.  He let out a laugh and I just was in awe,  his laugh just, it sounded so nice to hear..

wait? What am I thinking!? I'm not gay!! ... Right?  No.  I'm not.

I think I was staring because he ended up doing the embarrassed realize and look away awkwardly thing he does.  "Sorry.. I know my laugh is annoying..." He apologized. 

"It's not annoying!  It sounds nice.." I said,  he shrunk back in a kind of flustered way that was kinda cu—

Ah fuck I might be a bit gay..

"You.. you think so?"  He asked,  with a slight curiosity before looking back up at me.

I felt my face grow warm but I decided that I should try to just be the happy-go-lucky person that Shinsou knows I am so he doesn't suspect anything. "I know I am!" I spoke,  putting my hands into fists and putting them on my waist.

[Narration by Kami]

Let's skip forward to around two weeks ago, which is where this story really starts.

A/N: 1296 words.  I hope you like this new fic!! I have big things planned for this.  You may cry,  or be mad at me,  but I'm fuelled by your p a i n,  jk.  Anyway,  love y'all!! Btw I won't be posting next week since I'll be somewhere without wifi.