Chapter 2

Kaminari's POV

I had been moved to the other class with Shinsou half way through last year, he helped me study for the exam you had to do to get into the class and I surprisingly did quite well on the exam! That's how I had met the Bakusquad. Shinsou didn't want to be apart of it at first, since he was convinced that he didn't need more friends,  but now, I think he enjoys the chaos, even if he won't admit it. 

I like my life now, my school one at least, it's not that I don't like my situation at home, It's just my step-dad who's the problem. Don't get me wrong, my mom is great! I just don't know why she's still with him.

He's a shitty person and I hate him,

And I'm not just saying that because he's not my 'real dad', it's because he acts all nice when we're around my mom, but when she's out of the house, he becomes a whole different person. He acts like I'm his worst enemy and his mission is to make my life absolutely miserable when my mom is gone.

I was lost in my thoughts before snapping out of it when I thought to check the time, 7:17?! Shit!! I'm gonna be late!! I quickly slung my backpack over my shoulder, it was pouring rain outside, but it was fine, I could survive.

I locked the door behind me before sprinting down the street in hopes to get to my bus stop in time.

It was supposed to snow today but I guess it was too warm for that. It was a 5 minute walk to the stop and the bus came at 7:20, but when I'm sprinting as if I was being chased by a murderer, it should take around 2-3 minutes at most.

I got to the bus stop just in time since the bus had just got there, and that's when I remember that I forgot my jacket and I was now soaking wet.

I got onto the bus and Sero looked at me with pity. "Dude.." He spoke, as I sat down on the seat across from him, I panted, trying to catch my breath.

"I know, I know, I'm soaking wet and I left my jacket at home." I spoke, I had gotten so wet that my hair had flattened.

"It's okay! I'm sure one of the guys in the Bakusquad could offer you a hoodie or something!" He reassured me, to be honest I could just ask Shinsou if he has a spare hoodie I could borrow.

"Hey guys! It looks like Braces managed to be even dumber than before." He joked,  making the others of his friend group erupt into laughter. 

He was one of the two bullies from when I had first met Shinsou.  He hadn't gotten expelled from the school yet,  which was surprising considering how many people he's bullied and beat up,  not to mention the fact that his grades are practically garbage.  He calls me stupid even though he's worse at school than me!

I turned to look at them, but just rolled my eyes and turned my attention back to Sero.  "How do you deal with that so easily?" He asked.

"I usually just try to ignore it."  I said,  just shrugging it off. 

I took the bottom of my shirt and rung out the water as best I could,  doing the same thing with the bottom of my pants in multiple locations.

Shinsou's POV

I had gotten to the school at around 7:00am since I usually ride with my dads to school since they're teachers. 

I was waiting on some of the chairs in the common room when Bakugo came over and sat down with Kirishima coming after him.

I never really talked to Bakugo much, probably because I didn't like how loud he was, so I just let Kirishima to deal with him. 

A few minutes later I see Sero and a soaking wet Kaminari come over to the table "Woah what happened to you?  Did someone spray you with a hose?"  I asked jokingly.

He simply sighed "I forgot my jacket so I got soaked by the rain." He spoke,  clearly disappointed in his own stupidity.

I felt bad for him,  but at the same time I had to stop myself from bursting out into laughter.  "Do you," I snickered slightly before taking in a deep breath and speaking again. "Do you need a hoodie or something?" I asked. 

God this boy was stupid,  and if I was being honest,  I think that may have been what drew me to him in the first place,  Well,  other than his blind persistence. 

Kaminari nodded in response.  I took off the hoodie I was wearing and handed it to him. 

He put it on immediately and smiled "Thanks Shin!"  He replied happily and my heart practically skipped a beat. Why did he have to be so... him!  I don't know.. ugh I'm hopeless.

"Uhh- no problem!" I smiled slightly, feeling my face heat up a little.

Mina arrived finally, saving me from getting questioned by Kaminari. "Woah Kami what happened? And why do you have Shinsou's hoodie?" She asked curiously.

"Oh, Hi Mina!" He spoke with a smile "I forgot my jacket and I got soaked by the rain so Shinsou gave me his hoodie!" He explained to her.

She looked at me with a slightly suspicious expression and I just hoped to god she wouldn't question me about it later. 

Somehow Mina was able to see that I liked Kaminari but she refused to tell me how he felt about me. 

Everyone was just chattering away until they heard the first bell go off,  which was practically just a 5 minute warning bell. 

Everyone got up and headed towards class except for me and Kaminari,  I decided to stay back with him since he had to collect all his stuff and he also needed to grab something from his locker he forgot. 

The walk to his locker was pretty silent,  well,  between us at least,  the other people in the hall were talking really loudly.

When we got to his locker he finally broke the silence between us, "Why did Mina look at you like that when I said you gave me your hoodie?" He asked curiously.

I was hoping he wouldn't ask that question,  and now I need to find an excuse. 

"Uhh well-

A/N: 1088 words!  Hey guys,  sorry for the somewhat late upload,  I hope you like this chapter.  Love y'all <3