Then Who Will Save Nick? | 21

They all sat around the TV watching whatever came on and no one had really said anything about the incident. Peter was glad though, he felt embarrassed that it happened and he wished it didn't. The others paid him short glances occasionally though just to see if he was ok, and he was, but he hadn't really moved from his position nestled up under Bucky's arm.

Shows had come and gone, and a few others like Thor, Vision and Wanda has gone to their rooms while everyone else continued to sit. Sam has gone to get some water and as he did the show switched again, but this time to the news.

"Today's report, several agents of HYDRA from a secret base in Queens, located in an old hotel which was recently taken down by the Avengers, have escaped the hands of custody and are still on the run, their location is currently unknown and police are asking anyone who has seen any suspicious personage who fit the description on our website, please call the authorized immediately." The report showed the building that they were held in not that long ago, then it showed a few images of agents he had seen before, some of which having hurt him themselves, Peter got a nervous tinge just looking at their photos and averted his gaze from the screen a moment.

"Alongside these missing HYDRA agents, two highly dangerous members of HYDRA, who we have been attempting to follow these past couple of weeks, the winter soldier and carnage, who were situated in this location have now gone missing. Their identities are still unknown but authorities are doing their best on finding out this information and tracking them down." Peter looked back to the screen at the mention of those names. Everyone on the couch was now paying attention to the screen to see what they had to say, but were satisfied at the fact that there was relatively no information on them, well at least from what was being said.

"Next up, Nick Justice, a nine year old boy who who has gone missing a week ago is still yet to be found by police, more on this story after the break." Peter stared at the screen a moment as the news cut, he didn't know who but hearing that short note of a missing boy made him feel, just bad inside, like he connected in a way and he didn't like that.

"Mr. Stark?" Peter suddenly asked sitting up a little more to face the man.

"Yeah Peter?" He asked as everyone averted their attention to their conversation.

"If the Avengers are really good super hero's, then why haven't you guys gone and saved that boy?" Peter asked genuinely curious, Mr. Stark lowered his head for a split second before lifting it again.

"Well, we aren't able to focus on crimes like that, we work together on fighting bigger problems that could cost a lot of people their lives." Mr. Stark said trying his best to word what he wanted to say correctly this time so he didn't have Natasha and Clint on him again.

"Then who will save Nick?" Peter asked, because if the Avengers won't then who?

"The police and swat team will, they focus more on stopping smaller crimes and finding all the missing kids." Mr. Stark said with a small smile. Peter looked down to his hands a moment having a thought that really upset him.

"Why didn't they save me?" Peter asked softly looking back up to Mr. Stark as his smile quickly dropped. Peter could feel the atmosphere get a little denser and he felt like he had done something wrong just because of the looks he got, sad looks.

"Well Peter, sadly, some kids don't get found, but since you were taken by HYDRA, they have more resources and are able to cover it up easier to make it seem like nothing had happened, to make sure no one knew. But hey, we found you, and we'll do everything in our power to make sure you're safe." Mr. Stark reassured to try and lighten the mood as Peter just sadly nodded trying to accept that fact. Bucky noticed Peter started fidgeting with his hands more so he decided to ask him if he wanted to step out.