Prologue

The City of O’Khasis is known to be the strongest village-state in the region Ru’aun. Lord Garte Ro’Meave rules over the city with his wife, Lady Zianna, by his side. Together they had two sons, Garroth and Zane. As Lord Garte became occupied with his plans of forming alliances, Lady Zianna had another son with an unknown man. Garte still accepted the third son of O’Khasis, Vylad, as his.

       As time went on, the relationship between the two village-states of Ru'aun became unstable. The only resolve; the eldest children of the two families shall marry. Unfortunately, Garroth Ro’Meave, was killed. Or rather disappeared. Nicole of Scaleswind was murdered by an O’Khasis guard. This started the war between the two powerhouses.

       Now Zane Ro’Meave, on the other hand, became interested in politics and power. Even as a young boy, his father would force Zane and Garroth to mature at a young age. After the passing of his older brother, Zane rose as the High Priest of the Matron Irene. This was not out of belief, but for power. He became corrupt like his father, Garte. Manipulating people to get what he desired.

       The youngest Ro’Meave son, Vylad, was never taken seriously by his father. Lady Zianna would always look out for him nonetheless. He always looked upto his oldest brother. Unfortunately, Vylad was murdered by being stabbed in the back. Unbeknownst to the family, he reincarnated as a shadow knight, and guided the Matron herself to the village of Phoenix Drop and kick-started the prophecy.

      As the only living son, Zane learned more about The Magi, or Divine Warriors. Interested in their power, he searched for more information. Do anything to get his hands on clues.

      Soon he would find that Irene the Matron had a child, but who was this child? Did she have powers similar to Irene? Who was her father? Zane eventually took matters into his own hands. He studied this child day and night, even though he could rarely find anything about her. He eventually found enough information to find what seems like a relic that belonged to this child.

       Being the way he was, Zane went looking for the relic.

       His search brought him to the north of the Enchanted Woods. Scanning the terrain he found a cavern opening with the symbol of Esmund glowing on the entrance.

       Now, the Ro’Meave family was connected to the Divine Warrior, Esmund the Protector. Esmund’s relic found Zane because of his bloodline. With the relic of the child of The Matron herself, Zane would be very powerful.

       Once inside, he felt magicks surging. "Finally," Zane exclaimed, "My research has proven me useful. With this relic I will be unstoppable!"

       He began chanting an incantation from a scroll. With that Zane was going to receive this relic. He will show Ru'aun what he can do with two relics.

       Instead of being greeted with power, Zane eyes widened as he saw the body of a young girl rise inside of a crystallized chamber. She looked about 15. Her eyes were closed as if she was sleeping. Arms resting at her sides, and her h/l hair was down.

       Zane could only stand in shock as millions of questions rushed through he brain. Is this the child? How could she have survived all this time? Why would Esmund's symbol be on the door? Unless...

Boom. Cliffhanger. Well unless you read the original story on my old account. The song on top is Epic I from the musical Hadestown. Highly recommend it. I'm actually kind of proud of this chapter. Way better than the original, wouldn't you say? I wrote this story in 2018 on a road trip which is kind of funny seeing as I'm continuing it when people can't travel at all. I'll try to update as frequently as possible. But, alas, I am going to be a freshman in high school [and college (yay)] soon, so that has to come first. Let's cross that bridge when we get there though. Hopefully you enjoyed the prologue!