Chapter 2

“Mom, where’s Jacob? Is he still awake?” Mew asked his mother the moment he entered their home.

“He’s still awake and playing in his room. His teacher sent him home earlier because I lost track of time. His teacher is very nice and considerate. Have you eaten?”

“Yes. I had dinner after a meeting. I’ll go check Jacob upstairs and talk to him about what happened earlier. Good night, Mom.” Mew kissed his mother’s cheek and jogged to his son’s room.

~~~~~~~~~~

“Hello, Jacob. Dada’s already home.”

“Dada! Jacob missed you.” Jacob jumped to his Dada when Mew sat on the bed.

“Dada missed Jacob, too. Grandma forgot to fetch you?” He said after he kissed the top of Jacob’s head.

“Yes. But Mama Kana bring me home and bought me ice cream. Mama Kana is very nice and sweet,” Jacob said while smiling widely, remembering his Mama Kana.

“Did you thank your Mama Kana?”
“Yes, Dada. And I said ‘I love you, Mama Kana’ before Mama Kana leave.”

“What about me? You don’t love Dada?” Mew acts as if he’s sulking to tease his son.

“Of course I love Dada. You’re the best daddy in the world. I love you so much, Dada.” Jacob said and kissed his Dada.

“You adore your Mama Kana, am I right?” Mew asked his son who’s sitting on his lap.

“Yes, Dada. Mama Kana is very nice to me. Mama Kana always help me when I can’t do the activity properly. And my Mama Kana is very pretty,” Jacob said while imagining the pretty face of his Mama Kana with dreamy eyes.

“Pretty it is. Come on, let’s play.”
Mew and Jacob play for about an hour before Mew said that Jacob needs to sleep for their bonding day tomorrow.

“You have to sleep now, Jacob. Tomorrow we’ll go to the mall and park to play. Do you like that?”

“What are going to do tomorrow, Dada?”

“We’ll buy your favorite foods and I’ll buy you a new toy. And we’ll play. How’s that?”

“Really, Dada? I’m going to sleep now,” Jacob said and lay on his bed. Mew chuckled because of his son’s cuteness and arranged his blanket and wish his son a good night before he leaves his son’s room.

Mew didn’t plan to adopt a child before he saw Jacob in the orphanage. He’s a businessman and doesn’t even know a thing or two on how to raise a child. But there’s something on the baby that he finds himself processing the adoption paper to adopt the 9 month-old Jacob.

And that’s the reason why Mew has Jacob as his son.

‘Mama Kana, you must be really nice for my son to adore you this much. I’m looking forward to meeting you soon.’ That’s the thing that Mew thought before falling asleep.