Nine

1 Week Later...
Shirou's P.O.V.
Why do I always have to be the messenger between the Mayor and (Y/n)? Couldn't the police officers at least given her a walkie talkie, or taken her phone number? Whatever, I guess this just gives me an excuse to go see her.

I knock on her room door. "Coming!" I hear her shout from inside. "Oh, good morning Shirou."

I give a small smile. For some reason, I get a little happier when I see her in the mornings. I just don't know the reason why. "Yes, good morning. I got a message from the Mayor and the police that they wanted me to tell you."

Your P.O.V.
A message from the Mayor and the police? I hope it's not something about my training, I go there almost everyday. If I didn't, I don't want to know what it would be like if they took my badge from me. It looks kind of cool. "Oh, okay. What's the message?"

"They wanted to have you on look out duty at a bank today. They said that the bank has gotten robbed at least twice every week. The other police officers have tried to stop them from happening but nothing they do works. So, they felt that it didn't matter that you are a police officer in training right now. They want you to go stop the robberies."

M-me? I sigh. I don't know if I'll be enough to stop a bank robbery but I'll try. "Don't worry to much. I'll be there to help you out. If we can't stop the robberies then just know that it's not your fault." Sometimes, I'm still not used to Shirou being so caring. But, I liked that side of him. Well, to be honest, I liked all of his different sides.

"We're leaving in five minutes." He says as he walks away. Wait... five minutes?! I didn't even have breakfast! I rush down to the kitchen in hopes of finding something quick to eat.

Shirou's P.O.V.
Before we left the house, (Y/n) changed into her Officer in Training uniform and Mrs. Melissa gave us some more Silver Wolf offerings. I decided to eat mine like I always do.

I wondered why (Y/n) didn't eat her offering yet. Just like I said before, the Silver Wolf really doesn't mind if she eats it. But, then I remembered that she's never seen the Silver Wolf before. So, she doesn't know that it's me. But then, (Y/n) broke the silence.

"Michiru's not coming with us?" (Y/n) asks me.

"She's not coming because this job is for you only. I'm not really supposed to be here but I'm coming anyway to make sure that you are safe."

Your P.O.V.
"Oh, I see. It's a job only for me..." I don't know what I expected. Shirou did say the the Mayor and the police asked for me and not him. I wonder why they didn't ask for Shirou. Isn't he the one who always saves Anima City anyway?

Speaking of Shirou, I look over to him and he already devoured his offering to the Silver Wolf. "Shirou... do you keep eating those offerings because you don't believe in the Silver Wolf?"

"No. I guess I do believe in the Silver Wolf, kinda. But what makes it so popular anyway?" He asks me. I didn't have an answer to that question because I only learned who the Silver Wolf was one week ago. But, if it was supposed to watch over everyone in Anima City, I understand why everyone likes it so much.

"Don't worry about answering that question. Anyway, this is the bank." I looked in the direction that he was looking and the bank was kind of big. I wondered how I was going to be able to make sure no robbers broke into it.

"Good morning Cadette! You should go inside and check around first. Then after your done, you should come back outside and look out for any suspicious behavior." I nod and walk inside. But as the see through doors to the bank close, I turn around and look through them.

"Shirou, you know that you are not supposed to be here. This job is for (Y/n) only."

"I do know that. I'm here to make sure that she stays safe." The rest of the words that they said after that were mumbled but I could tell that Shirou was getting angry but the chief wouldn't let him inside. I sighed and went to go check around. I really was going to have to do this job by myself.

"Alright. I finished checking around the whole inside of this building." I said out loud to myself. About two hours had passed and I was getting hungry, but I had to do my job. I walked outside and stood at the door, watching cars and pedestrians go by. Then, I heard my stomach growling.

I started smelling something like bacon, and when I looked around to see where the scent was coming from... I led to my own pocket. It was my offering. Shirou always told me that I could eat it but what if I did meet the Silver Wolf? Wouldn't it be rude not to give it something?

I sighed and kept standing gaurd.

Soon, another hour had passed and I started hearing noises. I turned into my beastman form and to see if I could hear them better. I realized that it was coming from a nearby alleyway. There were noises that sounded like the rattling of garbage cans. It could've been the robbers hiding in a garbage can like how the one carrot thief did a few months ago, but that would be dumb to use that trick on me twice. Anyway, I didn't want to listen to that sound for another three hours so I was going to walk back inside...

But then I smelled something that smelled really good. Now that I was in my beastman form, the smell smelt a hundred times better than it would to a human. I was going to go check it out but than I realized that it was coming from the same place as the rattling noises were. Now, it just seemed like they were really trying to get me to go over there. I wasn't going to be stupid and go, so I turned around to go back inside and I felt a piercing pain go through my arm.

It was... a tranquilizer needle...

~~~~~~~~oo⭐️oo~~~~~~~~