Chapter 2 - First Day High

June 1993, Start of the school year.

Everyone was excited to check the section where they belong.
Those 3rd year high school students were worried since the Science Curriculum will begin this school year. This will mean that they will not be of the same section as the previous school year, lucky enough if their friends will be of the same section as them.

As expected, all honor students are of the same section - Emerald, the Science section. These honor students came from 4 different sections but most of them know each other since they are part of the same clubs, or participated in the same contests, or they were classmates during their Elementary years.

While others are busy having conversation with each other, JP came in. He is really very timid, silent person. He opted to seat to a vacant station near the window. His eyes roam around the room checking out if one of his friends are inside the same room. But instead of seeing his friends, his eyes got locked with another eyes, a familiar deep brown eyes, staring at him. Yes, it was Gigi's.

Gigi's attention was caught seeing JP getting inside the room. She already expected him to be of the same section this year, since both of them are honor students. They've been classmates since Elementary in the same school but they we're not of the same section on their first and second high school years.

Their eyes got stuck for few seconds, and they felt awkward. Gigi smiled at him and return back talking with her friends. JP smiled back, and looked down.

Being one of the popular in their school, Gigi is always surrounded with friends, and a lot admires her. She looks average just like the other girls, she's not the top of the class, but belong to the top 5%, she belongs to a middle class family, while most of her friends are filthy rich. But what makes her so popular is even with her achievements, she's very down to earth, caring, thoughtful, sweet. She always have a smile and a hand ready for everyone. Thus, everyone adores her.

Benjie approached Gigi.
"Hi Gie, I'm glad we're classmates."
Gigi smiled back to Benjie, then looked quickly to JP. She wanted to tell JP those same words.

Benjie is Gigi's childhood friend. They've known each other since they were little since they came from the same subdivision, and their parents are also friends. They grew up together being paired at each other since they are usually partners in their community activities. They are also part of their community choir.

Benjie asked Rose, one of Gigi's friend, to vacate the seat beside Gigi.
"I will sit beside you, is it okay?" Benjie asked Gigi.
"It's okay with me, but better asked Rose or sit beside Icy" Gigi replied.

Icy is Gigi's friend who likes Benjie a lot.

"Nah, I will sit here beside you" Benjie insisted and put his arms to Gigi's armchair since she's a left- handed, her chair tailor fit to her needs.
"Why is your hair curly" Gigi asked Benjie.
Benjie gave her a smirk and left.

Gigi knows how to shoo Benjie away. He does not want Gigi teasing him with his curly hair.

Gigi's girlfriends giggle and they started chatting again while waiting for their adviser.