Chapter 3 - Seating Arrangement

Sir Arnie is the class adviser of Emerald section.
He is popularly known as a Math Wizard and Chess Champion. He tends to be very friendly and easily get along with his students.

Upon entering the classroom, everyone got seated and pay attention to their class adviser.

"I'm Sir Arnie and very happy to handle this Science Section. I'm happy to see familiar faces here gather in one room. I hope you guys will not be giving me headaches for this school year" He laughs loudly.

The students started to laugh as well.
They go on introducing themselves one by one.

They started with Gigi's group, known to be a group of popular girls because they are all well-off, intelligent, talented, beautiful girls - Rose, Icy and Gigi.

Next is another group of girls, not too well known. They are shy type girls - Mela, Carrie, Arlyn and Lanie.

The popular boys - Benjie, Raymond, Chito and Mel
Then the rest in the room introduce themselves including JP.

Mela, Carrie and Arlyn were teasing Lanie when JP introduced himself. They were being teased as lovers since they were classmates during their first and second year high school.

Gigi was a bit upset but she don't want anyone to notice it.

However, JP glanced at Gigi quickly when he was introducing himself, and noticed that Gigi got upset. He quickly sit down afterwards. He felt that Gigi was not happy to be on the same section with him. Little did he know that the reason why Gigi was upset is because the other girls were teasing him with Lanie.

Sir Arnie asked everyone to stand up and form a line by height, and assigned their seats appropriately.

Gigi was assigned near the windows at the second row, she needs to move her personalized chair for left handed to her assigned position. Benjie was so ready to help her, but Sir Arnie asked JP to help Gigi instead.

JP got nervous. His heart was beating so fast.

Sir Arnie called JP's attention again to help Gigi.

"I can handle this", Gigi said as she slowly move her chair.

JP rushed towards her and carry her chair instead.

Gigi was blushing and sweating. She's too near with JP.

"Thank you", Gigi said to JP with a smile. JP smiled back.

"You look good together, sit beside her" Sir Arnie was teasing them.

Both of them blushed.
The other students were teasing them as well, except for Benjie's group.

Benjie was not happy about it because he wants to sit beside Gigi. He was telling everyone that he wants to sit beside her so he can copy her notes and answers as well. But others believed that his reason is because he has a huge crush on Gigi. That is also the same reason why there is no other guys who can court Gigi. He is very protective with her.

Rose is seated in front of Gigi, while Icy is beside JP.
Benjie and his friends were seated at the back of the classroom, while Lanie's group were assigned in the middle.

JP was surrounded by Gigi's friends and he's very uncomfortable hearing them talking about girl stuffs. Gigi is just silently smiling. She is very happy having JP beside her.

"Are you ok?", Gigi asked JP.
"Yes, I'm ok", JP replied.
"You should get used to us talking about those things JP", Rose told JP.
JP just smiled back.

Bell rings.
Time for their 1st break.

Rose and Icy were asking Gigi to grab food with them at the canteen, but Gigi refused because she's still not hungry. Benjie approached Gigi and JP in their seats.

Benjie to JP, "We can exchange seats if you want, I can tell Sir Arnie about it. You are surrounded with noisy girls."
"Wow, and why would you want to be seated with noisy girls like us?", Gigi told Benjie in high pitch.
"I'm just kidding. I just want to be seated beside you so I can copy answers during our quizzes", Benjie was smiling at Gigi.
"JP just stay here beside me, I need help with Math", Gigi were smiling while talking to JP.
JP smiled back.
Benjie left with his friends.

They were left inside the room.
They were not talking to each other nor looking at each other. But deep within them, their hearts are both jumping to joy. They were indeed happy being in one place together.