Chapter 3

- Ash's POV -

"School dance hey? I can't wait!" I say happily to Clemont.
"Yeah same." He smiles, "You planning on asking someone out or are you gonna let them come to you?" Clemont asks.
"Gonna let them come to me." I say folding my arms behind my head.
Clemont smirks, "Well you are the heart-throb of the school."
"I am? Who said?" I ask, quite surprised.
"People talk." Clemont replies.

I rise my eyebrow, "Whatever. How about you? Are you gonna let them come to you or are you gonna ask someone out?"
Clemont thinks for a while, I see his mind going through many plans, "I'm gonna wait, but if no one asks me out then I could muster some courage to ask someone out myself."
"Muster some courage? I just do it." I say.
"Well of course you do." Clemont says.
I raise me eyebrow again.

"Is there anyone that you have your eye on?" Clemont asks.
I think, I know every girl would love to ask me out but who do I like?
"No not particularly." I reply after a second, "How about you?"
Clemont looks around the room, "No not really."
"Not really?" I ask.
"You know what I mean!" Clemont says.
"No not really." I reply, smirking.

~~~

"First person to get a date to the school dance without asking anyone." Gary says as I meet him outside the school so we can walk home.
"What?" I ask.
"First person to get a date between us, without asking, is the definite heart-throb of the school." Gary repeats.
"When were we heart-throbs?! Why do people keep saying that?" I ask, laughing.
"Dude just agree." Gary groans.
"Ok I agree to the terms!" I say, "No asking anyone out right? Let them come to us! Just like I said to Clemont."
"Exactly!" Gary says loudly, "And I'm not nervous at all. I'll definitely be the first to be asked out to the school dance." Gary says in his bragging tone.

He does that a lot. Brag. Whatever small thing he does better than me, he brags about it. I don't brag as much as him, but I like to rub it in his face sometimes when I do something amazing.

"I'm not nervous either!" I say, "Who would wanna ask you out?"
Gary punches me in the arm, "Who would wanna ask YOU out?!"

Just then, a girl runs past us to get in a car parked not too far in front of us.
"Sorry!" The girl yells. Her long, honey blonde hair and pink bag tell me who she is. "It's alright Serena!" I yell to the girl as she gets in the car.

Serena's face goes a little red and she smiles at me. Then she elbows the person driving - probably her mom - and they are off.

I smile as the car drives off. I then feel as gaze at me and turn to see Gary smirking.
"What?" I ask, confused.
"I feel something going on here." Gary says, still smirking.
I raise my eyebrow, "What do you mean?"
"It's obvious!" Gary says.
"What is?" I reply.
Gary groans and laughs at the same time, "You have no idea do you?"
"No idea of what?" I ask.
Gary continues to laugh and speeds up his walking pace.
"What?!" I ask loudly, running to catch up with him.