Chapter 5

She was still learning. And trying. And needing constant supervision from the others. Also getting a fever from the sudden changes she was making for herself. But she was making progress!

For example, she was doing better at landing. And built up endurance. Now her hands weren't as soft as before.

She also made mud pies for everyone and sent one to Giyuu, who she seldomly saw.

Dear Giyuu-nii,

Camellie is learning how to use bokken!

Am I a bad girl? Camellie didn't say thank you to Nee-chan when she took out a stick from my hair. So is Camellie going to not get a present on my birthday Christmas New Year day?

I cut Camellie's hair again when it was getting long.

Sorry I didn't send you a message last week. Camellie got sick from being around people in the nearby village.

And, here is a mud pie for you to remember Camellie by.

She was also trying to stop her habit of referring to herself in third person. It just led to some odd sentences.

But, she was hoping that she could be with Giyuu for once. She was usually tied to the hip to Urokodaki or the other kids, but if Urokodaki had to go out, she would come with him.

Except after the time she got a fever from being around other people. He checked if she could stay home alone with the other kids he didn't actually see.

This time, after a year of her training (despite Urokodaki not wanting to), her birthday was approaching again, where she would turn six or seven. She wasn't counting. But it was near the end of the year, also around the time of Christmas.

Giyuu's crow came and gave Urokodaki a letter that she didn't get to read. Then, Urokodaki said he would go down and buy her a cake, but would be out for a bit. But, she didn't want to go down because of the people. But, she also didn't want to be with the kids of the mountain.

"Ummmm. I want, to go with Giyuu-nii," she mumbled.

"I don't know if that's possible, little one."

".......... Camellie wants to go."

Camellia used [Tears]!

"......."

Urokodaki, who literally should have some sort of resistance by now, [flinched]!

"Please, Jii-chan?"

Urokodaki gave in.

Within the hour, with Giyuu's wondrous speed and endurance, Giyuu had arrived and picked her up.

"Yaaay! Giyuu-niiiii!"

Clinging onto his back as he just bowed his head to Urokodaki, Urokodaki said to watch her for the day while he got ready for her birthday.

And, the moment Urokodaki was gone, Giyuu's crow cawed for a mission.

Giyuu looked to Camellia. "Up for a mission?"

"Mission, mission!"

She said she was training with the bokken(wooden swords), so she probably knew of demons.

Right? Right.

***

Giyuu Tomioka was a Demon Slayer. A Pillar. He was cold, he killed, and could not express himself very well in words, and therefore came off as quiet. He was hard to approach, and not many liked him from his seeming cold shoulders.