Chapter 6

WARNING: this chapter contains foul language

Our little bubble was burst as Amado's foster parents burst in. Must've heard our talking. I could make myself invisible, but that would be unfair to Amado--saying I'm his mother and all then ditching him.

     "Who are you and what have you done to Amado? Are you one of his demon friends?" Amado's mother demanded, who quickly froze upon seeing my eyes. Honestly, it never occurred to me why Amado's foster parents didn't put him back in the system if they hated him that much. The foster care system is horrible but it's better than struggling to survive. They might have thought they were helping but they sure as Hades weren't.

     "I am your Luna, the moon goddess," I replied politely. If it were my way, I would have replied I AM YOUR WORST NIGHTMARE, BITCH but hey that wouldn't be very godly of me.

     The dad snorted. "More like, some slutty, wanna-be, demon possessed teen that believes in magic." Okay what the fork?! Slut shaming, much?!

     I arose & held my ground, letting out some of my magic so they could feel my power. "You dare disrespect my authority and greatness?" 

     "Luna, leave it, please," Amado begged.

     My temper lessened at Amado's voice, and I gave him a smile. "It's okay, fili mi."

     "What does feeling me mean? And such a pretty name, Luna. Too bad it went to waste, huh Amado?" The mother taunted. And if looks could kill, she would be dead from the glare Amado was giving her. She ignored him though.

     "Fili mi, not feeling me, means my son in Latin. Amado is my son and will be joining me up above," I explained, keeping my cool. 

     "More like 6-feet-under when I'm through with ya!" The foster dad yelled, pulling out a gun. When did that get there?!

     "Not so fast, buster!" I yelled, retaliating by blasting him with moon rock. "Come on, Amado, we're getting outta here!" 

     With the foster dad temporarily disabled, Amado and I were able to run out of the basement. He suddenly turned down the hall. 

     "Where are you going?!"

     "To get clothes!"

     "Don't worry about that, you can get some when we get out of here!" I could hear noise coming from the basement that was getting closer.

     "I'm naked!"

     "Think I don't know that?!" I ran down the hall & grabbed Amado's arm. "Come on!" I ran us to the door and then to the Walmart 2 miles away. Er, we ran some of the way, but Amado and I got too tired and had a troubled time breathing, so we walked a bit before running again. 

     "I would have flown us, but I doubt that would have been comfortable, seeing as you've never flown before," I panted out of breath. Cardio.

     "Duuude that would have been amazing!" Amado said

     I shook my head. "Let's just go inside.

     "So this is what Walmart is like," I muttered, glancing at the produce and all the people. "Hate it."

     Amado rolled his eyes at me but I smacked him. "What the heck?!" He yelled, turning on me. "I'll have you know I detest eyerolls--they're quite disrespectful," I retorted. Amado was about to roll his eyes again but I glared at him. "That's the point, ma… geez…."

     He cleared his throat. "Your pupils. They're black now."

     "Really?" This caught me off guard.

     Amado nodded, eyes scanning the men's clothing that we neared. "Gosh, I can't wait to get some underwear and pants on. Having my penis exposed like this is unbearable." The way he stared would make one think he's in love with those pants. 

     Stepping out of the store, I turned to Amado. "Shall I book you a hotel? You need sleep but going back to your foster parents' house, that's out of the question. But if you don't want a hotel room, maybe I can find a condominium or you could sneak into a friend's house." We started walking and Amado raised a brow. "But it's whatever you like.

     Can you rent me a hotel room? I want to say goodbye and unenroll from school. Which reminds me, I still need to continue with my studies above." 

     "Yes, I can book you a hotel. I'm gonna book one close to school. And look at you, being all studious!" I agreed. "Can I walk you to school? I've never been able to walk my child to school before, obviously," I asked.

     Amado's eyes widened. "Do you know what those kids will think if they see me with you?! They'll think I'm a man-whore, hooking up with a mateless slut! And do you know how hot you're figure is?! Add that to your moon goddess aura that draws you to them and you have a catastrophe! Like heck I'm gonna let people see you and get the wrong idea, thinking you're their mate because they're so attracted! You're my mom!" Amado screeched.

     "I've learned that people are going to think what they're going to think, and we have to let them." I responded casually.

     "ARE YOU CRAZY?! You can't let them belittle you like that!" Amado argued. 

     I stopped and turned to him. "How, Amado?" I sighed, flinging my hands into the air. "I can't change the way people think, much less read minds. I made my gens complex enough where I couldn't, except for prayer, as thoughts are a private matter. People are going to think what they're going to think, and I can't change that." 

     "Mom--"

     I shook my head and grabbed Amado's hand. "It's okay. Come on, I'm flying us to that hotel. Walking is too much of a hassle and flying calms me down. To Hades if people see." I insisted.

      Hesitantly, Amado took my hand, and we flew through the night air.