Card 2

(Y/n)'s pov

I groaned dramatically in boredom as I flicked cards at the wall.

"How long has it been Blue?" I called.

"He hasn't stopped for an hour and a half." Jaime more or less complained whilst crossing his arms.

"Damian, it's time to let others have their turn." Starfire said respectfully, walking forward.

Damian continued slicing through the holographic opponents for another moment.

"I'm not finished." He said. The system suddenly shut off. I smirked and gathered my cards. Damian turned around with a scowl evident on his face.

"Gee. How'd that happen?" Jaime said sarcastically. I glanced over at him to see he had turned off the training system. Robin gave him the trademark batglare.

Damian threw a batarang at him Jaime who shot a beam of energy from his scarab to deflect the weapon.

"What the hell?" Jaime exclaimed.

Damian scoffed. "Huh, I heard your tech was fast," his lips curved upwards into a smirk. "I wanted to see how fast."

"Don't mess with us little man..." Jaime said walking towards him. I felt intrigued and took a step forward.

Starfire landed between Damian and Jaime as they faced off. She placed a hand on either of their shoulders.

"Alright I can see we're getting off on the, wrong foot." She said almost as a question. She then folded her hands behind her back.

"Damian, this is a team effort. We need to be able to accommodate others." The ex-princess said softly.

"Nightwing said you were a princess." Damian sheathed his katana. "Exiled no doubt." He finished, completely ignoring Star's statement. I frowned and took a few more steps forward.

"Technically it was a coup." Starfire responded, a sigh rising in her throat. "And like it or not, I'm the leader of this group." She finished.

"As I see it you're an alien with nowhere else to go." Damian said. My blood boiled.

As I was about to snap something teasing at him, Raven spoke.

"Everyone needs a home Damian, you included." Raven said in her monotone voice.

"Thank you for chiming in witch-girl." Damian said sarcastically.

"Hey no name calling! That's my thing!" I called out in a joking manor, trying to ease the evident tension in the room. Damian glared in response.

"Your input was not required anywhere in the conversation, imbecile." He responded. 

"Imbecile?" I repeated. Damian leaned to the side to see me better.

"Yeah want me to define it for you since you're clearly not intelligent enough to comprehend that?" He sneered.

"Hey!" Jaime shouted, angered. I furrowed my brow.

"You sound like you're a fucking walking thesaurus." I said.

"That's enough." Starfire said before Damian could respond to me. "We are only here to help you realize your potential." Star said, trying to calm everyone. Damian clicked his tongue, looking up at her.