Chapter 2

I sit in my seat as everyone around me talks to one another. Since I'm new to this school, I haven't really met anyone or made friends. Though, I'm not in a rush to do so. It's lunch time and my throat begins I grow rather parched, also I don't like all of this noise at the moment. Right now, there's a boy being rather rowdy. I grab my bento box and exit the classroom, heading outside to eat my meal and grab a drink from the vending machine.

"Itadakimasu." I say before digging in. The breeze ruffles my hair, creating a sense of serenity in the air. I finish my meal in no time and begin to sip my juice when I notice the sound of a volleyball being passed. I stand and make my way towards the noise,curiosity bubbling within. I raise my eyebrows in surprise when I see Hinata with a member from the volleyball club.

They're practicing receiving and it's going pretty good until Hinata loses control of the ball. I walk towards them, "Hinata, get lower. When receiving your hips should be low and your feet should be staggered." I grab the ball and pass it to them, still taking small sips of my drink.

I begin to leave when a loud voice calls out, "Sakanoshita-San!" Hinata shouts, causing me to flinch. "Won't you please help me with my receiving?!" He begs.

I face the two as they stand there, their eyes widening when they see the new bandages on my body. "S-Sakanoshita-San... what happened?" The third year questions.

I'm silent for a moment, staring at them with no expression. "I fell." Spinning on my heel, I begin my departure once again, "I'm leaving."

"How do you get those bandages from tripping?!" Hinata growls, annoying me. I had gotten the scrapes and stuff from practicing my dives but I don't have a court, so I did it in my backyard.

I continue walking and soon stop once I've found a peaceful spot far away enough that I won't hear the sound of the ball.

The clouds roll by, the different shapes decorating the sky as the sun illuminates the pure white forms. The silence envelopes me and my surroundings, reminding me of the times of my childhood.

"Kaida-chan." I glance up and see uncle standing near me with his obviously fake wig.

"Uncle. Yo." I greet, him frowning at my lack of femininity.

"You still have yet to join a club." He chastises. I stare at him for a moment before looking away, "Nothing is interesting." I shrug, making him blow a fuse.

"Well then, I will have to choose for you. I need a favor from you. Because I have my duties, I cannot always keep a watch on those boys from the volleyball club." He begins and I'm already not liking where this is heading. "I want you to join as one of their new managers, keep an eye on them and keep them in line."

I frown up at him, "Uncle, you know that I don't want to-" he cuts me off, "I'm sure that this won't be a problem. I've already handed in your application and spoken to the Captain of the volleyball team. You'll be expected at the club by the beginning of next week."

With the final word, uncle walks away, leaving me speechless. That guy... I silently fume and drink my juice. A random cat had come up to me while I was talking with uncle, it's been staring at me for quite a while.

"Yeah, he can be a sneaky jerk." I whisper to the kitten.

" I whisper to the kitten