Chapter 7

The whole team was walking outside towards the bus, Kaida walking next to Sugawara as Daichi spoke about how they still have much to improve on.

"Oh, spoken like a true captain." A voice comments. Everyone looks forward to see Oikawa standing at the front entrance. "Oikawa-Uzai." Kaida mumbles under her breath, making some of the players freeze. Kaida doesn't have her scary aura but it's definitely one of a very strong raw emotion.

"There you are, the Great King!" Hinata shouts with Tanaka making a scary face beside him. Tsukishima seems agitated to see the third year who made him look a fool while Yamaguchi is by his side. The green haired boy was mad at the third year for making his friend look awful.

Tanaka walks towards the captain, "What's with you?" He glares, trying to act like a cool delinquent, though Hinata is hiding behind his back and mimicking  what his Senpai is saying. "What do you want?" He repeat.

"You wanna rumble?"
"You wanna rumble?"

Oikawa faces everyone with a smile, "Don't be scary." He waves at the two underclassman. "You, the little guy. That last one-touch and broad jump was pretty ace." He compliments. Hinata becomes flustered after being praised by the excellent player. "Next time, try to use full force from the start." He stares at the ginger with a smirk yet serious eyes.

Kaida walks forward to pull the two away from the tall player, especially Hinata. Oikawa now puts his attention on the girl, "Are you training under the hand of the Little Dragon?" He asks Hinata, "It would make sense since she could give you tips from being a shorter player."

A few players tense up and glare at Oikawa for the remark but he waves in defense, "I didn't mean that in a negative way." He assures before meeting her eyes, "So what's a top tier Tokyo player doing with a school such as Karasuno? What could have forced you to move to a place such as Miyagi? People like you are usually in the city."

Kaida clenches her fists, staring directly into the boys eyes as though she were the same height. As intimidating as he was, and that's what made her even more scary. She was small but stood with such an demeanor that she was a force to be reckoned with.

"If you act like you know me and the type of person I am, I'll personally put you in your place. Don't act all high and mighty because you have fans and are good at what you do. You think you can read someone, read my fist before you go thinking you know everything." Kaida stares. She's not mad, rather she appears calm and collected. It hides the raging storm inside of her heart.

"You know, I don't like people who are good at whatever they do. Geniuses really piss me off." Oikawa frowns. He would certainly not discredit her talent if her as a person, but something about the girl was pushing his buttons.

Kaida walks up to the captain, "I'm not a genius." And with that, she walks ahead to the bus, leaving the team and Oikawa to their conversation.

///

"You have to guess the amount of force that you need to use and imagine where you want the ball to go. Line up your body with where you're aiming the ball." Kaida says as she places a water bottle on the other side of the court. "You have a very powerful serve, it'd be deadly if you could aim it where you want like Oikawa-Uzai."

After they left the practice match the night before, Kaida was quiet the whole way home and no one dared bother her. Once they arrived at the school, they cleaned up and Kaida had apologized for her outburst. Not that any of the others blamed her.

She walked back over towards Kageyama who stood by the ball cart. "Okay, try aiming for the bottle." She says, holding a ball in her own hands. She watches the first year throw the ball up and run before jumping and serving. It appears to be going straight for the bottle when Hinata appears in front of the ball. The intensity of the hit caused the ginger to fall backwards after failing to receive it.