Chapter 1: Harry's Vision and the Weasley's Invitation

In Little Hangleton, on the grounds of a decaying mansion, Frank Bryce who was a gardener there, awoke one night in August and saw something very odd up at the old house. He thought that the boys had broken into the house again, just to punish him. In fact, it was Frank's bad leg that woke him up that night. The pain was worse then ever, especially in his old age. He gets up, grabs his cane and limps downstairs. He enters the kitchen to fill up a hot-water bottle to ease the pain and stiffness in his leg. He stands at the sink, filling up a kettle, when he looks up at the Riddle house from the window. He sees lights shining in the upper windows. Frank immediately thought that the boys had broken into the house again. Judging by the light that he saw, he starts to think that the boys had started a fire. Frank didn't have a telephone in his house. Either way, he didn't trust the police. Ever since he was taken in for questioning about the Riddle's death. Frank sighs angrily, sets the kettle down and turns off the stove. He hurries back upstairs and gets dressed. He takes an old rusty key that hung on a hook by the door and leaves his house with his cane. He heads up to the dilapidated mansion and looks at the door and windows. Neither the door or windows were broken into from what he could see. He limps around to the back of the mansion and walks up to the door that was nearly covered in ivy. He puts the key into the lock and turns it. The door opens with a click, as he opens the door quietly and enters the mansion. He looks around the large kitchen and heads for the door that leads into the hall. The smell of decay was in the air as he opens the door and limps into the hall. His ears alert for any sound of foot steps or voices over head. He starts to walk up the stairs in the hall, the layers of dust muffled the sounds of his feet as he continue walking up the stairs. As he reaches the landing, Frank turns right and sees where the intruders are. At the end of the hallway, was an open door. A light was shining through the doorway, casting a golden light on the floor. Frank inches closer and closer in hopes of catching them. He stops several feet from the doorway to listen as he leans on his cane. From where he was standing, he could see the inside of the room. The light he saw from his window, was coming from a fire in the fireplace. He listens carefully as a man's voice was heard from within the room. The voice sounded curious and somewhat concerned, as the man said, "There is a little more in the bottle, my Lord, if you are still hungry." The 2nd voice, which was also male, was high-pitched and cold. It made the hairs on the back of Frank's neck stand up on end! The high, cold voice said, "Later. Move me closer to the fire, Yaxley." Frank turns his right ear towards the door, so that he could hear better. There was a sound of bottle being set down with a clink, then the sound of scraping along the floor, as the chair was moved closer to the fire. A man with blonde hair in a short ponytail, came into view, before going out of sight again. The high cold voice said, "Where's Nagini?" Yaxley said, "I don't know my Lord. She set out to explore the house, I think." The high cold voice said, "You will milk her, before we retire, Yaxley. I will need feeding in the night. The journey has tired me greatly." There was silence for a moment, then Yaxley said, "My Lord? May I ask how long we are going to stay here?" The high cold voice said, "A week. Perhaps longer. The place is moderately comfortable. The plan cannot proceed yet, Yaxley. It would be foolish to act before the Quidditch World Cup is over." Frank stuck a finger in his ear and moved it around. Did he hear the word Quidditch? What does that word mean? That word doesn't even exist! Yaxley said, "The Quidditch World Cup, my Lord? Forgive me, but I do not understand. Why should we wait until the World Cup is over?" Frank takes his finger out of his ear to listen. The high cold voice said, "Because, you fool, at this very moment, wizards are pouring into the country from all over the world. Every meddler from the Ministry of Magic will be on duty. They will be on the watch for signs of unusual activity. Checking and double checking identities. They will be obsessed with security, lest the muggles notice anything. So we wait." Wizards? Muggles? Frank though those words meant for something secret. The only 2 people that would speak in codes were spies and criminals. Frank tightens his hold on his cane that he had with him to help him walk. He continues to listen quietly. Yaxley said, "Your Lordship is still determined then?" The high cold voice said menacingly, "Certainly I am determined, Yaxley." Yaxley said, "You know, it could be done without Harry Potter, my Lord." The high cold voice said, "Without Harry Potter? I see...." Yaxley continued, "My Lord, I do not say this out of concern for the boy! The boy is nothing to me! Nothing at all! It is merely that if we were to use another witch or wizard. The thing could be done so much more quickly! If you allow me to leave you for a short while, I could be back in as little as 2 days with a suitable person...." The high cold voice cut him off and said, "I could use another wizard. That is true...." Yaxley said earnestly, "My Lord, it makes sense. Laying hands on Harry Potter would be so difficult. He is so well protected." The high cold voice said, "So, you would volunteer to go and fetch me a substitute? I wonder.... Perhaps the task of nursing me has become wearisome for you, Yaxley. Could this suggestion of abandoning the plan be nothing more than an attempt to desert me?" Yaxley said quickly, "My Lord! I have no wish to leave you! None at all!" The high cold voice cuts him off and hissed, "Do not lie to me! I can always tell, Yaxley! You are regretting that you ever returned to me. I revolt you. I see you flinch when you look at me. I feel you shudder when you touch me...." Yaxley said, "No! My devotion to your Lordship...." The high cold voice cuts him off again, and said, "Your devotion is nothing more than cowardice. How am I to survive without you, when I need feeding every few hours? Who is to milk Nagini?" Yaxley said, "But, you seem so much stronger, my Lord." The high cold voice said, "Liar! I am no stronger! The few days alone would be enough to rob me of the little health I have regained under your clumsy care! Silence!"