a & b - in a better place 🦋

a/n: heyoooo! this is kinda messy but here's a braddison chapter :)

t/w for suicide

///

It was 3:30 in the morning. It had been a rough day and he was just about to get into bed. Bryce's breath caught in his throat and his heart dropped into his stomach. He re-read the text from her that had just popped up on his phone. 

see you in a better place. love you always x

"No no no no no. Addison. What are you doing?" he muttered, fumbling to bring her contact up. He knew she'd been struggling, but he didn't know she was this deep. He tried to call her as he clambered into his car. His chest was heavy and he tried to breathe. For her. For him. She was his world and it would kill him if he lost her. As the call ran out, he cursed. "Fuck, Addison. Why?" he cried, "WHY?" He was driving around to her place, terrified that he'd be too late. Speeding up, he pounded on the steering wheel. "WHY DID I NOT SEE?! WHY THE FUCK WAS I NOT WITH YOU?!" he screamed. He took a deep breath, trying not to cry. "I have to be strong. For her. For her. For her," he muttered. He was silent as he pulled up at her house 20 minutes later. Bashing in the door, he called out for her with no response. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. He scrambled to the kitchen and lying on the bench was a letter. "No, no, no, no, no, please no," Bryce sobbed, picking up the paper.

hey to whoever's reading this. i'm sorry. i had to. it was all too much.

it sounds so fucked up and i hate hate hate myself so fucking much for it, but it was my only way out. i hate that i killed myself over hate. it was only fucking hate, and i've done it to myself. i deserve it. i'm a coward, idiot and such a fucking wimp that i had to do something.

i'm so weak. like seriously, everyone else was outed for having said some things in the past and they didn't go into hiding and then kill themselves. plenty of people have been body shamed and been called pregnant when they're not. it's nothing different. i shouldn't care. but i do. and i wish i didn't.

to the public: my supposed 'blackface' was one, not meant to harm or offend anyone, two, was normal makeup over a summer tan and a snapchat filter, and three it looked darker because i tan easier than others because of some of my hispanic ethnicity.

to my fans: i love you and always will

to mom and dad: i love you so much and will always appreciate all you have done and how much you supported me.

to enzo and lucas: i'm going to miss you boys so much. remember that i'll always love you to the end of time.

to dixie: thank you for being my best friend. i love you.

to the hype house: thank you for the endless support, i love y'all.

to the sway boys: thank you for being there for me in my last days.

to bryce: i love you. you deserve the world and i am not the world. thank you for fighting for me and loving me through my darkest days.

to no one who cares, i'm jumping.

you can find me under north atwater in the morning.

see you in a better place,

addison xx

Bryce punched the countertop. He ran back out to the car, and sped away, making the would be 20 minute journey in the daylight just 10 minutes. He got out and looked around for a moment, praying to God that she hadn't jumped.

Then he saw her. Sitting in the moonlight, her legs dangled over the edge of the bridge. He stopped for a moment and decided that getting any closer to her in such a vulnerable state was not a good idea.