6: Finally

Varian gripped his horse's reigns tighter as it ran faster in the woods, heading for a certain direction.

Blake, his horse, was a hero sent from heaven — just kidding.

He was a lost horse that Captain Quaid found before he saw the young man. Knowing that Varian needs a transportation and companion at the same time, he gave him the horse.

"Here, you can have Blake. He's a lost horse that I met on my way in here. Poor thing," the captain stated. "Just go straight that path and after a few hours, you'll reach Laguna Village. That's the place that she told us she will visit next before she left Vardaros," he informed.

"Got it, thank you, Captain," the young man said.

"You're welcome, Kid," he replied.

"That girl had been like a daughter to me, I saw her crying while looking at the moon three nights ago. She's a strong woman and I know that she's not the type of person who cry easily — something must've happened that is too much for her to take." Captain Quaid placed a hand on his shoulder. "Bring her back home, Kid."

Varian nodded with conviction. "I will."

It was getting dark when Varian decided to take another rest. He plucked out a apple from a nearby tree and gave it to Blake.

The sky was yet again turning to it's darker shade, the sun setting down and making way for it's counterpart, the moon.

He hopped down from his horse and tied Blake's reigns to a low branch so he wouldn't run away.

He let out a yawn. He's tired and sleepy. The search for her had been tiring him out but he never let that get him down.

He layed down under a tree. The not so soft grassy ground being his mattress.

He closed his eyes and let himself fall into a deep slumber.

"Hey, wake up."

Varian heard a distant voice of a male. He groaned, feeling another deja vu. He then opened his eyes, ready to meet another passerby.

He was greeted by the gaudy glare of the moonlight streaming through a canopy of leaves far above him.

"You wouldn't get away from us this time."

Varian's eyes widened. There was no person in front of him and the sound was coming from far behind.

He stood to his knees and gently hid himself on the tree's body. He tried his best to not pry but just like any other person — curiosity got the better of him.

He moved to the side to view what was happening a few meter away from him. He hope rhat it wasn't a brawl.

There were many men, atleast 15 of them, but that wasn't what caught his attention.

It was the person in the middle of them. Her raven black hair with gray highlights now reached her waist and her gray almond shaped eyes still held the bravery and spark.

"Cassandra?"

--
This chapter had been in my notebook for a week now. XD I'm just too lazy to type it out. I'm actually planning to post this on my birthday but the day got too busy. But anyway, I hope you enjoy this chapter!

Would you like the next chapter to be Cassandra's POV or Varian's?